- Therapeutic Youth Workers | Child & Family Services
- SCHADS Award 2.1 – 2.2
- Permanent Part Time Position
You must be available to work a variety of the following shifts: 6am – 2pm, 2pm – 10pm, with sleepover, weekdays, weekends and public holidays.
Benefits to You
- Hourly rate based on SCHADS Award 2.1 – 2.2 (pending qualifications)
- Training including Induction, Therapeutic Crisis Intervention plus ongoing training and career development opportunities
- Crisis and incident support from national 24/7 Incident Response team
About the Role
As a Therapeutic Youth Worker, your responsibilities will include:
Active Support: Assisting our young people to get ready for the day ahead including getting dressed and showered and preparing meals, coordinating activities, transportation and social outings, plan for and achieve daily goals.
Health Support: Administering medication, understanding our young person’s health and wellbeing plan, medication documentation and protocols and any other health support plans.
Positive Behaviour Support: Managing young person’s behaviour triggers, strategies to prevent triggers and or how to support the individual when experiencing behaviours of concerns. This will also include de-escalation strategies.
Safeguarding: Complete core training, including violence prevention training and other young person specific training.
Teamwork: Participate openly in group regular scheduled reflection and support and team meetings, continuously reflect and learn from challenges and experiences to improve the service and the workplace.
Administration: Meet the policies, procedures and code of conduct of Lifestyle Solutions.
- Current driver’s license (mandatory requirement)
- Current Working With Children’s Check (or be willing to obtain)
- Current First Aid Certificate, HLTAID003 (or be willing to obtain)
- Be willing to be available to work 24/7 rotating roster which includes evenings, awake shifts, sleepovers and weekend shifts
- Ability to write clear notes in English
- Previous experience and/or demonstrated motivation to work with customers, children and young people
- Vaccination against Covid-19
Minimum Qualification Requirements: Our funding contracts with Government Departments require that ITC Therapeutic Youth Workers hold specific qualifications or are enrolled to obtain prior to commencing;
- Hold or be working towards a Diploma in Community Services, Youth Work, Children’s Services, Counselling, Case Management or relevant field, or; have completed one year of relevant Bachelor’s Degree.
We’re people who care. Lifestyle Solutions provides services to people with a disability, young people and children in Out of Home Care, their families, and communities. Our customers receive services designed to meet their everyday needs and support them to achieve their goals. Our national workforce is committed to providing service that is reliable, responsive, flexible, friendly, empathetic, and caring.
We believe everyone is equal.
We stand for everyone in society having equal opportunity and equal respect. We do this by providing our customers access to quality services and dedicated people who make a real difference in their lives. We believe this is everyone’s fundamental right. You can learn more about us here.
Join Us – Next steps
All applications must be lodged online. For all enquiries regarding this position, please contact Rebecca Gibbs, Talent Professional, [email protected].
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.