Act for Kids is a prominent provider of prevention, professional therapy and support services for children who have suffered abuse and support for families at risk. With over 25 centres nationally, we have supported thousands of children and their families for more than 30 years. In 2021 – 2022 we provided services to 39,002 people, including over 23,000 children.
Through prevention, treatment, research, education and advocacy, we are committed to helping keep kids safe, heal from trauma and lead happy lives.
About the job…
We are seeking a full time Therapist to join our caring and friendly team based in Townsville until 31 December 2024. Extension of employment contract beyond this date is subject to the continued successful government funding of the program.
Functional Family Therapy-Therapeutic Case Management is a model that helps families recognise how their interpersonal relationships affect their family functioning and supports the family to learn skills that will help them navigate future challenges.
The Role will involve…
- Maintaining a regular caseload of families.
- A high level of clinical training and supervision.
- Delivering service in-line with the model guidelines.
- Completing the required accreditation to deliver the model.
All training, line supervision and external clinical supervision is organized and provided by the organisation.
- Ensuring all the services you deliver are achieving outcomes expected through the FFT-TCM model.
- Attending team meetings, supervision, and coaching sessions to ensure practice meets fidelity standards.
- Completing systematic assessments of family needs using prescribed clinical measures.
- Striving for best practice and cultural consideration to support good outcomes for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, children, and families.
- Working collaboratively with families, team members and stakeholders to meet the identified needs of the family.
- A tertiary degree in a relevant discipline (Psychology, Allied Health, Social Work, Human Services).
- Professional registration if required and membership of a relevant professional association (desirable).
- At least 2 years’ experience providing case-management and/or therapeutic services to families, caregivers, young people, and children in a child protection framework.
- The ability to deliver family-focused sessions that include all family members, recognise the underpinning attitudes behind the presenting behaviours, and motivate the family to try new skills of interacting with one another.
- Have an open attitude to feedback and the ability to integrate feedback from training and supervision into practice.
- Ability to be flexible in scheduling family appointments, as appointments are made around families’ availability and can occur outside of normal business hours.
About the pay…
- Position is classified Level 5 under the SCHCADS award.
- Salary range is $93,980 – $98,112 plus superannuation.
- NOTE – We are a registered Not for Profit/Charity and offer excellent salary packaging options through RemServ which can significantly increase your take home pay.
About the benefits…
- Paid parental leave, study and exam leave.
- Excellent professional development options including annual professional development fund opportunities.
- Work for an Employer of Choice: Winner 2019 + Categories: Health/Wellbeing; Leadership; Work-Life Balance.
- Strong values base: We are Professional, Ethical, Team, that is Caring, Courageous, and Collaborative.
- EAP including Health & Wellbeing Portal for you and your family.
- Eligibility for a positive Working with Children Check in the applicable state of employment in Australia or exemption based on professional qualifications and registration.
- Current driver’s licence.
- Applicants must be eligible to legally work in Australia and proof of eligibility will be requested.
- Fully vaccinated with the prescribed doses of an approved vaccine against COVID-19 or have an approved medical exemption.
- Job applications will be reviewed as soon as submitted. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your application as soon as possible.
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ to submit an application.
- For more information about the role, contact Kristy Browning on 07 4755 8777 or [email protected]
With over 30% of our employees identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, we encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Closing Date: 21 August 2023