- Part-time position
- Salary Packaging (up to $18,550 tax-free) to all eligible employees
- Join a dynamic and supportive team
Why join us?
- Values-based organisation
- First-class training and development opportunities
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Discounts at JB HI-FI & The Good Guys
- Discounts on health insurance through HBF or Medibank
- Access to our Wellness Program
- Accommodation discounts at Seashells Hospitality Group
- A fantastic team environment
About your new role:
We are seeking a caring, fun-loving Therapy Partner to join our residential aged care team in Salter Point. Working under the direction of the Lifestyle Coordinator, the Therapy Partner is responsible for the person-centred implementation of leisure, lifestyle, and therapy activities with the residents at our aged care facility.
You will also work closely with the Occupational Therapist &/or Physiotherapist to deliver quality therapeutic interventions to our residents including the preparation, application, and evaluation of programs and activities.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience working as a Therapy Partner – specifically delivering treatment sessions developed by a Physiotherapist.
- 1st or 2nd year Physiotherapy/Occupational Therapy students are welcome to apply
- Completion of Certificate III Allied Health Assistance or equivalent accredited training or progression towards
- Alignment to our Values and ‘Love to See’ behaviours
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of person-centered principles and the ability to engage people in meaningful activity
- Relates to the aged care population with empathy, understanding, and respect
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to pass a National Police Check
- Willingness to obtain or provide proof of Up-to-date Influenza & Covid-19 Vaccinations
- Willingness to undergo a pre-employment medical
- Willingness to obtain or provide proof of a National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) check
- Willingness to obtain or provide proof of NDIS Worker Orientation Module
In order to join our team, you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza.
Baptistcare is one of WA’s largest not-for-profit providers supporting residential care, home care services and retirement living in both metro and regional locations. We focus on empowering our customers to maintain homely comforts and community connection by providing care with compassion, integrity, and dignity.
Our focus is not limited to our customers, but also to your well-being and career growth. We aim to support you to achieve a fulfilling career with first-class training and development opportunities.
We are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace where everyone is valued. The more diversity we have, the more unique perspectives and creative ideas we share. Therefore, we embrace people of different ages, religions, sexual orientations or identities, physical or mental abilities, and ethnicity.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts.
For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Aine at [email protected] with the subject heading “T&L Partner – Gracewood, note that we do not accept applications to this email address, they must be submitted online.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice. The current closing date is the 1st of September 2023.