Bethanie, Western Australia’s leading not for profit aged care and retirement living provider, has been warmly welcoming and caring for seniors for over 65 years. We strive to lead the change in the way Australians think about ageing, recognising ‘old age’ as a positive force in society and giving a voice to those who have seen it all and live to tell the tale.
We are seeking a Therapy Programs Coordinator (Perth Metro) to support our therapeutic, lifestyle and additional services programs within residential homes. This is a permanent part-time contract (28 hours per week) and flexible hours can be negotiated. The position will be based primarily at Bethanie Subiaco and Como aged care homes.
This role reports to the Allied Health Manager and will work collaboratively with therapy teams at Bethanie and specifically at Bethanie Como and Subiaco. To be successful in the position you will be able to work cooperatively and collaboratively with Bethanie therapy teams across sites as well as maintain effective relationships with Bethanie’s customers. Previous experience in a therapy assistant or lifestyle position (or similar) will be highly regarded.
- Develop an annual calendar of customer events and celebrations, paying attention to the range of diverse backgrounds, needs and interests of customers in residential care
- Maintain a central database of activities and resources that will support the delivery of therapeutic and recreational activities across sites
- Develop, adapt and maintain processes and documentation that identify and manage risk associated with the delivery of common events and activities across sites
- Plan, coordinate, deliver and evaluate additional services at Bethanie Como and Subiaco and ensure these reflect a broad range of resident interests and abilities
- Maintain effective relationships with residents and their families in relation to additional services
- Willingness to uphold the Mission, Vision and Values of The Bethanie Group Inc
- Certificate 3 or 4 in relevant discipline and minimum two years’ experience in a customer facing role
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in partnerships with customers and families as well as within a team setting
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work without constant supervision
- Demonstrated workload and time management skills
- Demonstrated understanding of the Aged Care Standards and the principles processes of a continuous quality improvement environment
- Proficiency with common computer systems and software and a demonstrated ability to work proficiently with clinical information systems and databases
- Current driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle during all work hours and willingness to travel between sites as required
- Current National Police Clearance, or willingness to apply for one
- Willing to obtain required vaccinations – COVID 19 (minimum of 3 doses) and annual flu vaccination
Working with Bethanie
At Bethanie we are committed to being an employer of choice by creating a supportive and compassionate environment for our people, customers and residents.
In 2019, 84% of staff said they were engaged and enjoyed working at Bethanie, and 93% of customers said they were satisfied with Bethanie’s services, with a strong willingness to recommend Bethanie’s services to others. We are extremely proud of these results and believe it demonstrates our commitment creating a positive environment for our people and our customers.
As well as being part of a stimulating and nurturing work environment, you will also have access to the following benefits:
- Salary Packaging up to $15,899 per annum. Salary Packaging allows you to pay for your expenses with money from your salary before tax is taken out. Pay less tax, and your take home pay increases
- Banking, insurance and retail discounts and benefits
- Rewarding career with a supportive culture
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
Please click on Apply to upload your resume and cover letter before the COB Friday, 25th of August 2023. If you require any further information, please contact Denise Wan, Talent Acquisition Advisor on [email protected] or 0409 997 567.
We respectfully request agencies not to forward unsolicited resumes unless requested