Act for Kids is a prominent provider of prevention, professional therapy and support services for children who have suffered abuse and support for families at risk. With over 25 centres nationally, we have supported thousands of children and their families for more than 30 years. In 2021 – 2022 we provided services to 39,002 people, including over 23,000 children.
Through prevention, treatment, research, education and advocacy, we are committed to helping keep kids safe, heal from trauma and lead happy lives.
Our culture in a nutshell:
- Strong values-based organisation: Professional, Ethical, Team, Caring, Courageous, Collaborative.
- Supportive working culture.
- Wellbeing and development focused employer of choice!
About the job…
We are seeking a Full Time Integrated Therapy Team Leader to join our friendly team in the Gold Coast until 31 December 2027 with possible extension.
This position is about leading the child-focused intervention team in the Intensive Family Service to deliver high quality therapy and intervention programs to young people and their families through:
- Coordinating activities led by the allied health team designed to improve outcomes for children and families.
- Supporting team members in complex client matters and stakeholder meetings.
- Fostering a commitment to continuous improvement within the team.
- Provide quality line supervision, practice leadership, and facilitate individual and team development.
- Facilitate the intake, assessment, and allocation of referrals, ensuring all cases meet eligibility criteria.
- Provide psychoeducation to other internal IFS teams on areas such as child development.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders to facilitate holistic supports for young people and their families.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline (Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Speech Therapy).
- Higher level qualifications in a relevant area are desirable.
- Current registration with the relevant Registration Board, where applicable.
- A minimum of five years’ experience working in a therapeutic manner with young people and families.
- Substantial experience providing professional case consultation to team members with a range of professional backgrounds and experience.
- Proven leadership skills including supervision, mediation, conflict resolution and planning.
- A thorough understanding of the current trends, practices, policies, and legislation in relation to child protection.
- Cultural awareness and an understanding of how to communicate and work effectively with families from different socio-economic and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
About the pay…
- Position is classified Level 7 under the SCHCADS award.
- Salary range is $110,913 – $115,538 per annum plus superannuation
- As a registered Not for Profit/Charity, we offer excellent salary packaging options through RemServ which can significantly increase your take home pay.
About the benefits…
- Paid parental leave, study and exam leave.
- Excellent professional development options including annual professional development fund opportunities.
- Work for an Employer of Choice: Winner 2019 + Categories: Health/Wellbeing; Leadership; Work-Life Balance.
- Strong values base: We are Professional, Ethical, Team, that is Caring, Courageous, and Collaborative.
- EAP including Health & Wellbeing Portal for you and your family.
- Eligibility for a positive Working with Children Check in the applicable state of employment in Australia or exemption based on professional qualifications and registration.
- Current driver’s licence.
- Applicants must be eligible to legally work in Australia and proof of eligibility will be requested.
- Fully vaccinated with the prescribed doses of an approved vaccine against COVID-19 or have an approved medical exemption.
- Job applications will be reviewed as soon as submitted. If you are interested in this opportunity please send your cover letter and CV as soon as possible.
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ to submit an application.
- For more information about the role, contact Lauren Fittler on 0458 018 100 or [email protected].
With over 30% of our employees identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, we encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Closing Date: 25 September 2023