Wesley Vocational Institute – RTO Code 90091 – High Performing Provider *
- contractor or casual positions available, with the view to becoming part-time. Please note, a contractor will need to have ABN, Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance
- commencing October 2023
- based in the Port Macquarie/Hastings region.
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “A Spirit disciple-making movement: doing all the good we can because every life matters”.
About the program
Wesley Vocational Institute is part of Wesley Mission a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services. Our Vision is “Doing all the good we can because every life matters.”
Wesley Vocational Institute (RTO Code 90091) delivers accredited and non-accredited training across a number of qualifications and locations around Australia. We supply all training and assessment materials as well as a collegiate environment to ensure our trainers are well informed and supported in every way.
About the role
Wesley Vocational Institute understands the importance of quality training within VET sector and are prepared to support and develop people with a passion for training who are inspired by the idea of working at the grass roots level of our community within a small and dedicated team of professionals. Wesley Vocational Institute is looking to build a high performing team of Trainers and Assessors who are experts in their field that provide a positive learning experience and produce graduates of the highest vocational standards within the Mid North Coast region.
Ideally you will possess a sound understanding of the VET industry and have experience in gathering quality evidence during the assessment process. You will also be familiar with the challenges of delivering nationally accredited training in various environments including the workplace, classroom, e-learning, and to a range of client groups.
Your knowledge of the recognition process will allow you to consider a person’s existing set of skills and knowledge to design a learning program that is adaptable to each student’s needs. You will have current experience in your chosen field of training.
* The NSW Department of Education has recognised our organisation as a High Performing Provider.
Training Qualifications required include one or more of the following:
- CHC42021 Certificate IV in Community Services
- BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
- or, other related Health, Business or Community Services Qualifications.
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (must hold upgraded units TAELLN401 and TAEASS502)
- at least 80 hours evidenced currency within your specialty industry; within last two years
- related package qualifications in the industry or demonstrated ability to Skills Map to relevant Units of Competency
- demonstrated experience delivering quality training and assessment in VET
- evidence of continuing professional development in your specialty industry and VET
- current Driver’s Licence and transport.
Friday 1st September 2022, by 5pm.
Please email your current resume and cover letter addressing the essential criteria to:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0438 214 269
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and worker Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). First Nation peoples are encouraged to apply.