About TrainSmart Australia
TrainSmart Australia is a well-established Registered Training Organisation (RTO 51771) offering high-quality face-to-face and online training solutions across Australia. TrainSmart Australia has operated for more than 15 years in the VET (Vocational Education and Training) sector as a provider of quality training. TrainSmart Australia offers Nationally Recognised Qualifications in areas of skills shortage and is approved to offer VET STUDENT LOANS in certain courses to assist students with their tuition fees.
We deliver specialised training in Health and Community Services, Remedial Massage, Business, and IT.
A full range of training solutions (both face-to-face and blended/online) are delivered by highly qualified trainers and assessors to students located across Australia.
For more detailed information about the RTO’s capability and training courses please visit the Websites : www.tsa.edu.au or MySkills.gov.au
About the Role
An exciting opportunity is available to join the expanding team of TrainSmart Australia’s Health and Community Services team. You will be joining a team of highly experienced and accomplished trainers who have both industry experience and hold relevant academic qualifications.
We are seeking a Mental Health and/or Counselling Trainer/Assessor who is passionate about sharing their knowledge and expertise to adult learners located across Australia. The delivery methods include online learning and face to face workshops for Perth based students. As a Trainer/Assessor you have the opportunity to upskill current and upcoming Mental Health support workers in Recovery Practice in Mental Health. There is also high demand for counselling skills within the Health and Community Services sector.
Key responsibilities and tasks include:
- Delivery of high quality face to face training as well as online training delivered through our online Learning Management System.
- Providing adult learners with the benefit of your industry and ‘real world’ knowledge. Transferring your skills and knowledge through demonstrations and scenario based training techniques.
- Collaborate and share resources with a friendly and supportive National team of trainers and assessors.
- Record trainer engagement and student participation through our Student Management System through trainer logbooks.
- Inspire and build confidence within mature age adult learners who are interested in a career in mental health and/or providing counselling services.
- Enhance existing curriculum resources including assessment methods based on industry trends and best practice.
- Work with the Dean of Studies (DOS) to review individual student progression and completion outcomes.
- Deliver workshops and build rapport with adult learners through coaching and mentoring.
- Maintain active communication with students via face-to-face meetings, Zoom meetings and emails.
- Attend industry led professional development workshops in the area of Mental Health including trauma and crisis management.
- Work on a daily basis with TrainSmart Australia’s integrated and modern technology platforms that support the delivery of training and 2-way communication with students. (Full training is provided).
This position is a permanent full-time role and we offer a competitive salary to match your skills and experience. TrainSmart Australia promotes an energetic, friendly and vibrant team environment. Part-time and flexible work arrangements may also be considered for the right applicant.
Is this role for me?
If you are passionate about sharing your knowledge and expertise as a trainer in the field of Mental Health and/or Counselling services then this role is a perfect fit for you.
To be invited for an interview and to be considered for the role you should ideally hold the:
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (or be prepared to undertake and complete this essential requirement)
- Have qualifications and industry experience in the area of Mental Health and/or Counselling.
- Ability to conduct face to face group workshops in Perth including, but not limited to, role plays and simulations.
Qualifications or experience in one or more of the following areas is desirable
- Community based Mental Health Services
- Counselling therapies
- Youth at Risk
- Alcohol and Other Drugs Health Services including rehabilitation and recovery
To be considered for the job role the following skills and background will be highly regarded:
- Strong desire to share your skills and knowledge through the delivery of both face-to-face and virtual online workshops to adult learners
- Able to effectively utilise virtual technology to communicate with mature age students e.g. Zoom
- Experience in delivering training and assessment in a variety of delivery modes including face to face workshops and group-based sessions
- Knowledge of the Vocational Education and Training sector including compliance requirements
- Ability to work effectively in a team to contribute to continuous improvement of curriculum and training practice.
- High levels of empathy and emotional intelligence
- Strong communication and motivational skills
- Enthusiastic and energetic
How do I apply?
If you meet the selection criteria above, click APPLY to submit your Resume/CV detailing your qualifications and experience and a Cover Letter. Applicants that do not submit both a Resume and Cover Letter will not be considered.
No agencies please.
Your application will include the following questions:
- Do you have a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE16) or are prepared to work towards the attainment of this mandatory credential?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you worked previously as a trainer or presenter?