Advert Position Title: Trainer & Assessor
Employment Type: Casual
Location: Margaret River
St John WA is a well renowned not-for-profit organisation whose vision and purpose is to serve humanity and build resilient communities.
With over 130 years of experience, the culture at St John WA is underpinned by a strong team spirit, camaraderie and the collaboration of employees and volunteers working together to change lives, while creating a powerful sense of belonging, where our people want to work.
This combined with over 2800 permanent team members, 6000 volunteer team members and annual revenues of $500 million, makes St John WA the industry leader in the provision of pre-hospital care and related products in Western Australia. Each year we attend in excess of 275,000 people across the state, treat 350,000 patients at our primary health centres and teach over 330,000 people life-saving first aid skills.
Do you want to work for an iconic Western Australian organisation committed to changing lives and making a difference to your community?
At St John our mission is to have everyone in Western Australia trained in First Aid and each year we train over 320,000 people in life saving skills. Our courses range from Provide First Aid, First Aid for Mental Health, Advanced First Aid and Basic Emergency Life Support, Tiny Tots First Aid to Occupational and Industrial First Aid.
A job to be proud of:
We are currently seeking experienced Trainer & Assessors to deliver First Aid courses in the Margaret River Region. This is an ideal opportunity to Teach your community to save lives and join the market leader in First Aid. Join our supportive team on a Casual basis and help create resilient communities.
What you’ll need:
- Knowledge of first aid guidelines and regulations, including ANZCOR and ARC guidelines.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to engage and inspire learners. Previous experience in delivering First Aid training (highly desirable).
- Flexibility and availability to work both weekdays and weekends.
- Friendly and engaging personality.
- Excellent planning and problem-solving skills.
- Hold a current HLTAID011 Provide First Aid or be willing to obtain if successful.
- Hold a current ‘Working with Children Card’ or be willing to obtain if successful.
- Current ‘C’ or ‘CA’ class driver’s license.
- Current TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent, please provide a copy with your application.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive hourly rate
- All training equipment provided.
- Electronic device provided.
- Making a significant impact by empowering individuals with life-saving skills.
- Free emergency ambulance cover.
- Free first aid training.
- Ongoing mentorship and development.
Are your ready to change lives?
To apply for this exciting opportunity please select “Apply Now“. Applications must include a detailed cover letter outlining your motivations for this position, a resume, and your Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and Statement of Attainment.
If you have any questions, please contact Taylah Montgomery, Talent Sourcing Consultant on (08 9334 1421).
Applications close on Wednesday 16th August 2023 at 6pm
St John is committed to creating an inclusive environment which provides a sense of belonging and enables a welcoming, diverse, capable and connected workforce who represent the community we serve. Our goal is to ensure people feel safe to be themselves.
We actively encourage applications from people of all ages, genders, nationalities, abilities, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, members of the LGBTIQ+ community, and all other suitable applicants.