The Transition to Work employment service helps young people aged 15-24 into work (including apprenticeships and training) or education.
Transition to Work participants receive intensive, pre-employment support to develop practical skills to get a job, connect with education or training, find local job opportunities and connect with relevant local community services.
About the role….
This position will require you to:
- Actively engage and support young people (15-24yrs) into work or education
- Provide intensive pre-employment support to help young people develop practical skills, gain confidence, and build connections to achieve their goals
- Coordinate access to support services ensuring young people remain engaged
- Identifying job vacancies, match suitable candidates and educate young people on interview and workplace expectations
- Build linkages and work cooperatively with other community stakeholders
- Achieve successful outcomes and ongoing employment placements by providing support to employers & participants after the commencement of employment
- Complete administrative and compliance tasks and follow up within required time-frames (case notes, evidence collection, data entry)
To be successful in this exciting and rewarding role you will have the following:
- Ability to create or build networks in the local community to promote VERTOs clients and services
- The ability to work and succeed in a target driven environment
- Confident negotiation skills & resilient in your nature
- Excellent interpersonal skills & customer service skills
- Strong administration and computer skills
- Demonstrated experience as an enthusiastic team player
- Well-developed organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
- A current drivers’ licence.
Benefits and culture….
- VERTO offers a rewarding role with career path opportunities and promotes a supportive team and work environment.
- We are committed to work/life balance and professional development opportunities along with providing excellent employee benefits.
- VERTO offers an attractive remuneration package (including base salary, superannuation and access to generous salary packaging) plus 5 weeks annual leave.
VERTO is a not-for-profit organisation offering employment, training, apprenticeship, and community services that positively transform the lives of individuals and the communities in which we operate. Since our beginnings in Central West NSW more than 40 years ago, we have grown to provide services at more than 70 sites across NSW, VIC and ACT.
While much has changed in that time, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to making a difference through equal access to employment, education and community services. This includes offering bespoke programs that support vulnerable individuals and communities, including Indigenous, disability and tenancy services.
To apply, please click on ‘Apply Now‘. Your application should consist of a tailored resume to suit this role including contact details of two work referees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from culturally diverse backgrounds. Successful candidates will need to provide a current Working with Children check, new National Police Check and myGovID.
All VERTO team members share responsibility for the safety and well-being of the people who engage with us.
Need more information….
Contact Human Resources on 0408-278-754 or [email protected] for a confidential discussion. Alternatively see our website at https://www.verto.org.au/
Applications will close: The selection process will commence upon the receipt of applications & will close at 9am Monday 9th October 2023 or prior, if a suitable candidate is found.