Troublesmiths is a dynamic social enterprise operated by Impact Communities and powered by Workskills Tasmania. Our initiative provides young people between the ages of 15 and 24 with the opportunity to create and sell products both online and at our retail shop in Hobart. With a strong focus on community collaboration, Troublesmiths partners with local businesses and community members to empower young individuals and offer them real-life exposure to work, employers, and the broader community.
About the role
We are seeking a motivated Facilitator to join our growing Youth Social Enterprise. As a Troublesmiths Facilitator, you will work closely with young people, emphasising goal setting, responsibility, strengths, aspiration building, and developing tangible employability skills. This full-time position requires a commitment of 38 hours per week. In this role, you will play a vital part in supporting and empowering young individuals by providing coaching, skills development, and job readiness for a range of industries.
What We Are Looking For:
- A creative, innovative, and analytical approach with meticulous attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience working with young people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to build strategic working relationships and partnerships.
- Relevant tertiary education or equivalent job-related experience.
- Willingness to undertake a Working with Vulnerable People Check and a National Police Check.
- Experience in group facilitation.
- Experience within the employment or community services sector.
- Current Driver’s License.
We offer you:
- A safe, fun, friendly and supportive work environment
- A competitive salary plus salary packaging options
- 5 weeks annual leave
- 12 days flex leave
- 12 days personal leave
Take the next step in joining our team
For a confidential conversation about this exciting career opportunity contact Megan our Troublesmiths Coordinator on 0407 625 608
For a copy of the Position Description please email [email protected]
To apply forward your resume and a cover letter outlining your vision of success in this role addressing the selection criteria in the position description.
Submit your application via email to [email protected] (Do not apply via seek).
Applications will be reviewed upon submission. Interested applicants are encouraged to visit our Troublesmiths shop at 20 Watchorn Street, Hobart to see what we are all about.
Workskills Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
As a Child and Young People Safe Organisation all employees are required to undertake a Working with Children Check and a National Police Check.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence