Baptist Care SA provides out of home care, disability care, youth education and employment, homelessness, and therapeutic support services. Established in 1913 we have a dedicated staff and volunteers who work tirelessly to help South Australians achieve their full potential. Baptist Care SA is committed to working with the State’s most disadvantaged, championing local issues and connecting with people to provide transition pathways from adversity to opportunity.
About the role – Part Time Contract 2 days per week until 30/06/2024
Westcare Centre works with people experiencing homelessness, food insecurity and on low incomes. Our pathways statement is that “we are a community of faith, hope and love seeking to end homelessness, improve health & wellbeing and lead generational change”.
Urban Education is a key program that seeks to lead generational change. This is achieved by providing unique opportunities for high school students to gain an insight into the issues facing our Westcare community, and the ways in which we provide vital support. The role will offer experiential learning opportunities which are grounded in our faith through half day workshops, rough sleep outs and retreats. This is a fee for service model where the school pays on a per student basis. The opportunity to host students expands community knowledge of Westcare and invests into future South Australian leaders to inspire them to join us in ending homelessness.
Key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Delivery of Urban Education sessions with students
- Stakeholder management and key contact for our partner schools
- Draft business plans, budgets and program etc., ensuring all activities are aligned with Baptist Care SA strategic direction.
- Maintain and develop new community networks, relationships and partnerships to promote Urban Education opportunities to grow the business model.
- Partner with Baptist Care SA’s Adventure Services to explore and develop new models of social justice aligned educational opportunities
As an experienced Urban Education Facilitator, you embody a Christian-based approach to education, combining your unwavering commitments to educational equity with the values of compassion, inclusivity, and faith to inspire and empower students to thrive academically and socially.
You will also have the following skills and experience:
- Relevant tertiary degree in the areas of theology and community services or other human services qualification
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in education, community development and capacity building, ideally in the provision of services to vulnerable individuals and families
- Creating and delivering Christian programs and or events for young adults/children
Baptist Care SA is committed to the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable people and as such applicants will be considered in accordance with our safety practices and suitability.
You will be required to have, or be willing to obtain:
- A current and valid DHS: Child-Related Employment Screening/ WWCC
- A current and valid National Police Clearance
- Evidence of COVID-19 vaccinations including any booster requirements
- Training – Child Safe Environments
- Training – Apply First Aid (min HLTAID012)
- A valid full South Australian drivers’ license (C Class)
- Ability and willingness to travel within South Australia as required
Why work with us?
Baptist Care SA offers a flexible and supportive environment where you are encouraged to be the best version of yourself.
You’ll also receive:
- A competitive salary on the SCHADS Award level 4 ($41.52p/h)
- Salary packaging in addition to increase your take home pay
- A corporate health plan with BUPA offering discounted health insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Support for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander employees cultural and community obligations, including NAIDOC Leave and up to five days Paid Cultural Leave
We do not accept applications via email, however, for more information, please see our website, or reach out to Recruitment [email protected] for a confidential discussion.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the closing date – applications may also close before this date.