- Full-time, Ongoing
- Start Term 1, 2024
- Psychology Units 1-4
Sirius College is a non-denominational independent school (F-12) and is one of the leading educational institutions in Victoria with a mission to empower students to become critical thinkers and socially responsible individuals, motivated by moral values and a belief in tolerance, diversity and harmony.
About this role:
Teachers are a part of a team responsible for providing high-quality programs that contribute to student success, both academic and social and for ensuring that all students learn in a safe and secure environment. A teacher is required to set a high standard of professional performance, adherence to all College regulations, personal self-discipline, dress and appearance.
Job tasks and responsibilities:
- Prepare comprehensive semester planners in line with departmental policies.
- Follow school policies and procedures with regard to curriculum, student management, monitoring, assessment and reporting.
- Attend all curriculum days (including intercampus curriculum days) throughout the year.
- Ensure that the school and classroom environments are safe, conducive to learning and promote acceptable behaviour.
- Be involved in the pastoral care and counselling of students in conjunction with other appropriate professionals.
- Communicate student progress to parents through weekly work samples or assessments, students’ books and assessment and reflection folders each term, interviews and formal semester reports.
- Implement (from time to time) extra-curricular activities, extra periods, yard duties, sports duties, school camping activities, supplementary courses, competition preparations, entrance exam duties.
- Use Information and Communication Technologies to present engaging and challenging learning experiences.
- Plan and present learning experiences that are student centred and outcomes focussed.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum of Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline.
- Current VIT registration.
- Update/acquire First Aid Level 2 certificate with EPIPEN skills.
- Ability to integrate IT into the curriculum and teaching practice.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with students and colleagues.
- Able to manage pastoral issues relative to staff, students and parents through effective dialogue and process.
- Well-developed report writing and oral communication skills.
- Up to date knowledge of contemporary teaching application and theory.
Job Applications close: Sunday, 24 September 2023
All staff at Sirius College are expected to be informed of their obligations in relation to child safety. Employment with Sirius College is subject to school policies including the Child Safety Policy, Child Safety Code of Conduct and Child Safety Statement as listed below.
*Early applications are appreciated to assist the interview process. Please note that applications will be considered as they are received, and an appointment may be made prior to the application close date.
**Position will commence Term 1, 2024
Child Safety Statement:
- Has zero tolerance for child abuse
- Actively works to listen to and empower children
- Has systems to protect children from abuse, and will take all allegations and concerns very seriously and responds to them consistently in line with the school’s policies and procedures
- Is committed to promoting physical, emotional and cultural safety for all children
- Is committed to providing a safe environment for all children