- Positively support and impact the lives of others through your career contribution
- Permanent full time position with great salary packaging and employee benefits
- Rewarding and collaborative role
Why this role matters
The Salvation Army is one of Australia’s largest providers of alcohol and other drug services. We offer a range of services including Harm Reduction and Primary Health Services as well as a range of treatment types (including residential treatment centres, community-based support programs, counselling and withdrawal management services). We work to a modern, evidence based and holistic Model of Care.
About the role
Utilising your social services experience and motivation to work in AOD, this position will be perfect for a proactive individual to effectively manage and support residential wait lists and bed allocation for The Salvation Army (TSA) residential rehabilitation programs in Victoria (Bendigo Bridge, Bridgehaven and The Basin).
- Review and acknowledge all referrals received for the residential rehabilitation programs, ensuring risk and prioritisation requirements are noted and clients are responded to in a timely manner
- Support to clients who are on waiting lists for residential rehabilitation, through the facilitation of waitlist groups and AOD support
This is a permanent full time position based in Coburg, VIC. Salary and conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award Level 5.
You will have
- A minimum diploma level qualification in Community Services, Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) or relevant field
- Relevant experience in a social service environment, preferably AOD and/or Mental Health
- Completion of, or willingness to complete, the AOD Skillset
- A current VIC Drivers Licence
Benefits for you
- We offer our eligible employees NFP salary packaging ($15,900 tax free) plus meals and entertainment benefits
- Employee Assistance Program – Independent confidential counselling service
- Financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Discounted health and fitness programs through Fitness Passport
- Up to 8 weeks leave per year through our purchase leave scheme
- Generous Parental Leave offering of 12 weeks
- Up to 5 days paid leave per year to support a TSA program or activity
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate, and professional team members
Majella Eales at [email protected]
Applications will close as soon as a suitable candidate is secured. Do not delay in submitting your application today!
The Salvation Army is a Christian movement and one of Australia’s largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
Applications will close as soon as a suitable candidate is secured.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We value people of all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities and/or expressions. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation and is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.