Work with young people experiencing a range of mental health issues to support them to achieve their vocational and education goals!
The position available is:
- Closed-term full-time (76h/fortnight) until June 2024
- Working Monday to Friday
- Attractive salary starting at $82,000p.a. + 11% super + Tax-Free Benefits!
- Based in Bankstown
About the Opportunity
As the headspace Vocational Specialist, you will work with the Vocational Coordinator within the Individual Placement and Support (IPS) program. The IPS program aims to improve the educational and employment outcomes of young people with mental health concerns, who are at risk of disengaging from education and employment.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Work with young people to develop individual support plans that set realistic goals and plan strategies, to overcome identified barriers to engage in employment and/or education
- Support young people to achieve their vocational and/or education goals
- Engage young people to ensure they link to suitable employment opportunities
- Facilitate professional development workshops to promote the vocational recovery program
- Work closely within a multidisciplinary team to provide integrated and holistic care to young people, including active participation in clinical review meetings and other meetings to promote the vocational program to clinical staff.
- Develop partnerships with employers, training providers, educational institutions, community organisations and other health professionals
About the Benefits
- Level 4 (SCHCADS) on the Flourish Australia Enterprise Agreement (2018)
- Tax-Free Salary Packaging available up to $15,900
- Generous leave provisions including 17.5% leave loading+ 2 additional days of personal leave+ extra day paid leave over Christmas/New Year + paid parental leave
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions
- Opportunities for professional development and training such as Mental Health First Aid, ASIST and relevant Team Leader training (where applicable)
- Employee Assistance Program for confidential wellbeing support
- Regular supervision (reflective practice), ongoing 1:1 mentoring, strong team support and a comprehensive induction program
- Inclusive initiatives such as our Rainbow Network and YarnUp for Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander staff
- Personal fleet pricing discounts with our preferred automotive supplier
- Employee discounts at 350+ popular retailers (Woolworths, Expedia, Myer, Kmart etc)
About headspace and Flourish Australia
headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation providing early intervention mental health services to young people aged 12-25 years who present with mental health issues, along with assistance in promoting young peoples’ wellbeing. This covers four core areas: mental health, physical health, work and study support and alcohol and other drug services.
Flourish Australia is one of Australia’s most experienced community mental health organisations. Our services are comprehensive and highly personalised because each person’s experience will be different and their needs, as an individual, are unique. Together we set goals, connect individuals with the right people, support services and opportunities to meet their needs.
- Demonstrated experience in employment services, vocational rehabilitation, career development or a related field.
- Emerging knowledge of issues that impact young people with mental health issues when accessing employment and/or educational opportunities.
- Well developed interpersonal and organisational skills with the ability to effectively manage competing demands.
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence.
Full criteria and position description is available within the application.
All successful applicants will be asked to provide evidence they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including booster) prior to commencement, inline with Flourish Australia’s Vaccination Policy.
Applications close 5pm, 25th September.