Management & Training Corporation is a global leader in the corrections, detention, training and education sectors operating 23 Job Corps centres, 21 correctional facilities, 5 detention centres, 11 prison and detention medical departments and 2 workforce development sites worldwide.
Our Vision is to be a leader in social impact by transforming lives and strengthening communities. We are proud of the incredible work our +11,000 employees do providing support, giving hope, and providing opportunities for a better life.
We promote a culture of Safety, Respect and Dignity. MTC instils the BIONIC (Believe It Or Not I Care) philosophy in all our centres. BIONIC means promoting a caring culture for change based upon safety, respect and dignity.
BIONIC drives every interaction between employees and those detained at MTC facilities. This allows our inmates/transferees to feel heard, appreciated and treated with the utmost respect and in a culturally appropriate way. Our aim is to improve relationships and reduce stressors for inmates/transferees, so they feel cared for.
We are seeking Welfare Officers to join our team at the Nauru Regional Processing Centre. Although casual roles, full time equivalent hours will be available for four (4) week placements in Nauru.
Due to short recruitment timeframes, applications will only be considered from those who meet all compliance requirements, including holding a current First Aid & CPR Certificate, current Working with Children Card and COVID-19 vaccination evidence.
About the Role
In your role as Welfare Officer, you will be responsible for delivering case management services, information and referral to support the wellbeing and care of Transferees.
General Duties include but are not limited to:
- develop and review Individual Case Management Plans in collaboration with Transferee’s to meet their needs and goals
- work collaboratively with stakeholders and the welfare team to engage Transferees in activities
- report any concerns regarding Transferee welfare to the Welfare and Community Services Supervisor
- maintain accurate case notes and record keeping
- meet regularly with Transferees to assess needs and provide psycho-social support
- build & maintain a productive working relationship with team members, Transferees and stakeholders
- assist and support Transferees with matters affecting their welfare, behaviour and routines
- attend regular training and refresher sessions to maintain skills and qualifications
- build & maintain a productive working relationship with team members and stakeholders.
- attending regular training and refresher sessions to maintain skills and qualifications including but not limited to cultural awareness, mental health, CPR and first aid.
To be successful in this role you will:
- experience working with complex clients delivering case management services
- understanding of trauma informed practice
- high level of emotional intelligence and resiliency
- adept at conflict resolution and de-escalation techniques
- experience working cross-culturally
- ability to identify risks and provide early intervention strategies
- be willing and able to undertake induction training, working and living in a hot tropical environment on Nauru
- be socially responsible with the highest standards of personal honesty and integrity
- be flexible and adaptable approach to varied working situations
- ability to work successfully as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- proven right to work in Australia
- willingness to undertake a National Criminal History Check
- current Working with Children Card
- current First Aid Certificate
- evidence that you are vaccinated against COVID-19 (double vaccinated) plus one booster with a vaccine recognised in Australia.
If you believe you have the skills, abilities and experience to undertake this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply online via Seek.
Management & Training Corporation celebrates diversity in our workplace and therefore welcomes applications from all people who believe they have the skills and abilities to truly make a difference for our business.