RSL Victoria – The Returned & Services League, Victorian Branch is the largest and oldest veteran charity in Victoria. Our mission is to provide the best possible support and services to all generations of veterans in Victoria.
At RSL Victoria, we’re people with a purpose and our approach is centred on our values of respect, transparency, integrity, mateship, tradition, compassion and empathy. We provide a range of programs, services and initiatives to improve the lives of veterans and their families, raise funds to support these services, lead appropriate commemoration of service, and provide overarching leadership to our network of over 270 Sub-Branches throughout the State.
About the role
A rare and exciting opportunity is available for a suitably qualified and experienced Wellbeing Coordinator to join the team at the Vivian Bullwinkel Veterans and Families Wellbeing Centre in Melbourne CBD.
In this pivotal role you will work directly with veterans and their families to help obtain the support they need. You will be responsible for a local coordinated intake process which identifies client support needs across Wellbeing Domains, appropriate referrals to services to meet these needs, and the care coordination of clients identified with complex needs, instilling confidence in potential clients and stakeholders to choose RSL Victoria as their provider of choice.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Point of contact; face to face and telephone for enquirers/clients including the escalation contact for complex matters.
- Deliver a professional and effective intake, assessment and referral service, follow up of enquirers/clients to ensure engagement in appropriate services.
- Provide required care coordination.
- Ensure high level service delivery.
- Maintain comprehensive notes in the CRM system.
- Establish/maintain stakeholder relationships with service providers.
About you – what sets you apart from the rest?
You will have demonstrated experience within a similar environment with a social work/counsellor background. Be confident in your approach to deal with a range of people and provide required advice, support and assistance with superior oral and written English communication skills. Be a subject matter expert and across the issues impacting veterans. You will uphold the values of RSL Victoria and relish in being part of an organisation that encourages collaboration, sharing of ideas and continuous improvement and have empathy with and a desire to support veterans.
Other essentials for the role:
- Bachelor of Social Work or related discipline.
- Experience with veterans and knowledge of issues facing the veteran community.
- High attention to detail with strong problem solving capabilities.
- An empathetic and caring demeanour and approach.
- Proven experience in psychosocial assessment skills.
- Ability to establish and build meaningful relationships.
- Sound use of Microsoft technologies (Office 365) and experience with a CRM.
- A willingness to contribute and embrace the mission, values and work of RSL Victoria.
Why work for RSL Victoria?
- Be part of a culture that is welcoming, engaging, supportive, collaborative and passionate about what we do.
- Competitive salary with ability to salary package to increase your take home pay.
- Access to Uprise and other wellbeing initiatives.
- Professional development opportunities and access to LinkedIn Learning
- Our gift of two additional paid leave days (CEO days) each year to allow more time with loved ones over Christmas.
- Employee reward and recognition and Culture Crew social activities.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Opportunities to be involved in our commemoration events and appeals.
You can look forward to an inclusive environment where everyone is respected and valued for who they are and their unique contribution. Know that no matter your role with RSL Victoria – you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference. We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
Apply today if you tick all the boxes. Are looking for an opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of veterans and to work for a long standing charitable organisation.
How to apply
Include your CV and a cover letter outlining what makes you the best candidate to be a Wellbeing Coordinator.
Applications only accepted via Seek and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more information about RSL Victoria visit www.rslvic.com.au.