When you join MercyCare, you join something bigger. A community of staff that make a difference at the heart of the community. As a leading Western Australian not-for-profit provider of aged care, family, community, early learning and disability services we support people throughout life’s journey. We invest in our people by building rewarding careers, offering training and development opportunities and a values-driven culture where our people can belong and thrive.
About the role
This is exciting opportunity based in our Wembley Residential Age Care Home which delivers Lifestyle program with focus of engagement. This role will be responsible ensuring residents are supported to live their best life through providing choice, encouraging independence, enhancing creativity, and maintaining dignity. Wellbeing Coordinator will be working with families and loved ones encouraging meaningful interactions with residents, developing activities for families to meaningfully engage with residents with cognitive impairments.
You are dynamic and self-motivated professional who looking to join a committed and enthusiastic team. You’ll share the same caring approach we have for our residents and bring:
- Relevant Certificate or Diploma
- Demonstrate good leadership skills with an ability to lead through influence
- Minimum 12 months experience in Age Care
- Understanding of compliance in the aged care sector
- Patience and a deep respect for the life journey of our residents
- Excellent time management and documentation skills
- Strong communication skills with a wide range of people
- Evidence of Covid and Influenza Vaccination (preferable)
- National Police Clearance (issued within the last 6 months)
What we offer
You’ll join an inclusive, diverse and values driven organisation based in Western Australian that authentically cares about their people, providing opportunity to learn, grown and develop. You’ll also receive:
- Competitive salary with Not-for-Profit packaging options up to $18,000!
- Free on-site parking – no weekly parking costs!
- Work & life balance
- Employee Benefits & discounts (including Childcare for your own little ones)
- Options to purchase additional leave for that extra-long get-away
- Supportive work environment to enjoy coming to work
- Professional development and training for your career growth
- Employee Assistance Program
Click “Apply Now” to visit our website and apply. Applications close on 1 of September 2023 but apply soon as we will progress recruitment as soon as we hear from you!
At MercyCare, every person matters.
With our 175-year legacy extending back to the Catholic Sisters of Mercy, today we stand proud to make a positive difference in our local communities. We live by our values – respect, integrity, compassion, justice, excellence, and courage.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting children, young people and the vulnerable. We invite applications from people from all walks of life, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and those from diverse ages, cultures, faiths, abilities, gender and sexuality.