About the Organisation
Kambu Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Corporation for Health (Kambu Health) is a not-for-profit community controlled health, human services and education organisation delivering on the health and wellbeing needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in Ipswich and West Moreton region. We facilitate and promote Primary Health Care Services and strive to establish state-of-the-art comprehensive Health Care for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Kambu Health practices a holistic and preventative approach to health, offering general, allied and specialist care, complemented with long-term healthy lifestyle change programs and services. Our community is at the heart of everything we do, and they set the direction for our service.
To find out more about Kambu Health visit our website at www.kambuhealth.com.au
About the Role
The Wellbeing Counsellor reports to the Social Health Program Manager and works as part of multidisciplinary team to offer high-quality social and emotional wellbeing services. Our Social Health Program works with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander adults residing within the Ipswich and West Moreton region. The successful applicant will provide culturally appropriate distress and trauma counselling to our clients.
Key Selection Criteria
- Have experience in delivering trauma informed counselling.
- Demonstrate capability to apply a variety of evidence-based, trauma-informed, and strength-based approaches to counselling.
- Have experience, knowledge, and understanding of the cultural context and historical experiences of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
What We Offer
- Professional Development and internal networking opportunities.
- Salary Packaging Options up to $15,900 (annual limit) with a Meals and Accommodation and Everyday Purchases Card, and novated lease options.
- Opportunities for career progression.
- Strong values-based organisation
- Work in a caring & collaborative team environment with people who are passionate about service excellence that supports the mob.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Diploma qualification or higher, in Psychology, Social Work, Human Services. Behavioural Science or Counselling.
- C Class Driver License (QLD).
- Blue Card – Working with Children check.
- Criminal History Check – Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks prior to and throughout employment.
Please submit a copy of your resume and cover letter to apply.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Shortlisting and interviews will be conducted as applications are received.