- Achieve your dreams by helping others achieve theirs
- We support you to grow your career
- Genuine work-life balance
We have an exciting opportunity for Wellbeing Specialist to provide services relating to mental health, psychosocial issues (including anger management), personal development, and career counselling for job seekers that will improve their work readiness and progress towards employment.
As a result of exceptional growth, we are recruiting in Glenorchy / Bridgwater, TAS
Achieve your dreams by helping others achieve theirs. At Asuria, you can make a real difference by working with people to find long-term employment. A difference that means many people will gain meaningful employment through your mentoring and your advice.
We support you
Working at Asuria is more than a job, it is a career. A career where you can reach the best version of yourself and achieve your full potential. Asuria will support you every step of the way. We will provide all the resources, learning and development and leadership guidance you will need to further your career or to enter this exciting industry.
The rewards of being an Asurian:
- Competitive salary
- 3 days bonus leave per year
- Up to 15 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Non-primary carer paid leave
- Genuine work-life balance
- Smart phone provided
- Access to Employee Assistance Program providing counselling services across a wide range of work and life categories such as career, family, financial and health assistance.
- Learning & Development opportunities and direct support to achieving a Cert IV/ Diploma qualification in a relevant discipline.
Be part of a company that beats to an enterprising heart
At Asuria, our people are at the very heart of everything we do and deliver. To be an Asurian, you must be able to balance empathy, dignity, and respect in your daily work with a drive to ensure we achieve positive business outcomes.
About the role:
The Wellbeing Specialist is responsible for providing high quality, evidence-based health services to participants who have complex and/or multiple barriers to employment. The primary focus of this role is to deliver an individualised service to participants that will progress them closer to the labour market and into sustainable employment outcomes.
In addition to this you will also be required to:
- Deliver tailored, evidence-based individual and group interventions designed to improve participants capacity to work. Interventions include, but are not limited to, assessments (vocational and clinical assessments), clinical intervention and counselling services.
- Conduct risk assessment for clients who present at risk and liaise with local mental health agencies for case management.
- Deliver outcome focused clinical intervention that links to employment
- Refer participants to eternal services when needed.
- Deliver vocational rehabilitation in direct consultation with Mentors, Employment Consultants, participants and employers
- Schedule and implement appropriate activities that reflect the participants progress and their changing needs
- Prior experience in registered profession; preferred but not essential
- Must have relevant Allied Health degree (i.e., Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy)
- Must have a current and continual registration with appropriate body
- Understanding of WFA, ParentsNext and DES DEED and guidelines; preferred but not essential
- Proven ability to work independently and within a team
- Strong Interpersonal skills, time management and organisational skills
- Advocacy and referral skills
- Experience within the employment services industry
- Experience in running groups
- Provisional psychologists and new graduates are welcomed to apply
How to Apply:
- If you match the criteria above, we want to hear from you! Simply complete the application process by clicking the ‘Apply ‘Now‘ button. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
A current Working with Children Check or relevant state equivalent is a mandatory requirement for this position and successful applicants must have (or create) a myGovID account.
Asuria is an EEO employer that welcomes applications from people who have a disability, are LGBTIQA+, and people of culturally diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Asuria is a Child Safe Organisation committed to child safety and wellbeing.