We are seeking a part-time WIFVC Workforce Development Officer to step into this newly created role within our Regional Integration Committee (WIFVC)! The salary for this role is a SHADS Level 5 (between $93,858.96 and $98,111.52).
Please ensure you respond to the Key Selection Criteria listed below within your cover letter, as part of your application.
The Workforce Development position sits within the Western Integrated Family Violence Committee (WIFVC). The WIFVC is a representative, whole-of-sector reference group comprising key stakeholders committed to reducing family violence in Melbourne’s west. The WIFVC is one of 13 regional committees across Victoria funded by the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing (DFFH).
The role of the WIFVC is to provide regional leadership in service integration and planning, policy and advocacy to improve service responses to family violence in the west. Activities are designed to support the achievement of WIFVC priorities as set out in the WIFVC Strategic Plan. In the west, GenWest is contracted by DFFH to be the auspice organisation for funds and the employment of staff.
This 12-month fixed term role, with possibility for extension depending on funding, reports into our WIFVC Principal Strategic Advisor. The responsibilities of this role include:
• Plan, deliver and evaluate workforce development initiatives
• Undertake strategic networking and liaison activities
• Collaboration and teamwork
• Contribute to the reporting requirements and continuous improvement processes of workforce development initiatives
• Maintain contemporary knowledge and understanding of the MARAM framework
Key Selection Criteria
1. Tertiary qualifications in social work, community development, gender studies, and/or a social policy discipline.
2. Experience in project management including planning, delivery, and evaluation.
3. Sound knowledge of family violence issues including an understanding of issues relating to the gendered nature of family violence and the MARAM Framework.
4. Sound stakeholder management skills
5. Highly developed and demonstrated communication skills – both verbal and written.
6. Strong planning, time management and organisational skills.
7. Ability to work both independently and as part of a team and to respond flexibly to team demands and priorities.
8. Holds a current Victorian driver’s licence.
We are actively hiring for this role, applications will close on 31st August 2023. Please press ‘apply’ or send your application to [email protected]