This is a unique opportunity to work in an exceptional women’s health organisation – making a positive and critical difference in young women’s lives. We are seeking an applicant with relevant qualifications and experience, for a part-time (3 days/week) contract position who will facilitate our young women’s health and wellbeing program – using a feminist, trauma and violence informed, strengths-based approach. This will include:
- Facilitating our Young Women’s Outreach Program to local High Schools and alternative education providers.
- Providing individual counselling to young women accessing the program.
- Working alongside the Young Women’s Program Coordinator to build the program across the Illawarra, including working closely with researchers to embed a validated evidence base.
- Delivering key components of the program on request as workshops and information sessions.
- Advocating for young women, including on social media and in mainstream media.
- Undertake joint/collaborative projects which support community development and community participation to strengthen community action for young women.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Appropriate qualifications, training and/or demonstrated experience in Social Work or Counselling.
- Understanding of community development/community participation principles and practice.
- Experience in delivery of health, education and therapeutic group work programs to young people
- A demonstrated understanding of gender issues, the needs of people from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds, especially in relation to relationships between young people.
- Experience in planning and undertaking community projects in collaboration / partnership with other services.
- A demonstrated commitment to feminist philosophy and approach to working with young people and communities.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An ability to work autonomously.
- Driver’s license and access to vehicle
You must have a current NSW Drivers Licence, National Criminal Record Check, a Working with Children Police Check, and be fully vaccinated (and maintain full vaccination status) for COVID-19.
We encourage First Nations, culturally and linguistically diverse women, and women with a disability to apply.
The successful applicant will be offered permanent part-time contract starting immediately. A remuneration package commensurate with professional experience will be offered, based on the SCHADS Award. The Illawarra Women’s Health Centre is a union supporting workplace.
Please apply as soon as possible as we will be reviewing applications as they come in and may close the advertisement earlier.
Job Description can be found by copying and pasting this link into your browser https://www.womenshealthcentre.com.au/app/uploads/2023/08/Young-Womens-Program-Facilitator-2023.pdf
Our services are provided only to women. We consider being a woman is a genuine occupational qualification for this position under section 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW) and sections 30 of the Sex Discrimination Act 1984 (Cth).