Wesley Mission Queensland is a not-for-profit community service provider that offers community support, mental health and disability services, aged and palliative care, and retirement living across Queensland. We have a long and proud history of supporting people in need and live by our values of Innovation, Hope, Integrity, Compassion, Justice, Empowerment and Respect.
We strive to be a welcoming, caring and inclusive community that celebrates diversity and supports employees of all backgrounds and faiths. People with passion, connected by hope for a more compassionate, just and inclusive society is our story. Join us and be part of a story you’ll love to tell.
About the Role
The Youth and Family Recovery Worker is a member of the headspace Capalaba team primarily responsible for co-coordinating and delivering evidence based clinical support for eligible young people and their families experiencing a severe and complex mental health issue in the enhanced program, headspace Capalaba. The position will provide centre based and outreach clinical support and case management and will work both independently and in partnership with the Senior Mental Health clinician and the clinical team. This role is part of the broader approach to mental health service delivery within a stepped care framework. The Youth and Family Recovery Worker will:
- Deliver flexible and responsive clinical support, holistic recovery-focused evidence based psychological intervention and supports.
- Be the the key worker and primary point of support for a small case load of young people as well as case management services for young people for whom Enhanced clinicians are the primary point of contact.
- Attend ongoing and regular case reviews with the Enhanced program as well as the multidisciplinary case review meetings. The YFRW will conduct intakes, mental state examinations and case reviews, which will include risk assessments, care plans and case formulations.
The successful applicant for the Youth and Family Recovery Worker role will have tertiary qualifications in community, social welfare, youth work, health or a related discipline, as well as experience working within a recovery orientated service framework within the mental health sector. The successful candidate will also have:
- A passion for making positive change in the lives of those managing mental health difficulties
- Understanding of the principles of recovery in a mental health setting
- A sound knowledge and appreciation of the issues associated with mental health concerns
- Experience working with young people with complex mental health support needs across the phases of service delivery including assessment, recovery-oriented practices, community engagement and evaluation of services delivered
- Experience and knowledge of evidence-based psychological interventions for young people and families
- Capacity to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment including being accountable for the effective delivery of client services.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to engage, negotiate, advocate, collaborate and undertake joint innovative problem solving.
- Demonstrated effective PC skills including MS Office and related applications packages (including reporting).
- Proof of Vaccination Status as required by Legislation, Health Directives or WMQ Policy throughout employment and prior to commencement.
- Current Driver’s Licence and willingness to drive in the course of work.
- Relevant probity checks required by legislation and WMQ policy.
Why Join Us
Wesley Mission Queensland brings together people who want to make a difference in the lives of others. We value diversity, strive for inclusion, and come together to walk alongside those in need to provide hope and compassion. We are committed to working collaboratively to help you grow, support your wellbeing, and enable you to be your true self each day aligned to our mission and values. Along the journey, we will encourage you to find your story. We offer our team members:
- Support from our Employee Wellbeing Program – we are recognised as a Mental Health First Aid Skilled Workplace!
- Access to salary packaging benefits that enable you to increase your take-home pay
- Discounted allied health services such as nutrition, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, and remedial massage
- Access to discounts on private health insurance, gym memberships and travel
- Flexible working hours and where applicable a hybrid working strategy
Wesley Mission Queensland offers new employees joining Residential Aged Care, Community Aged Care, Hopewell Hospice, Hummingbird House, NDIS Community Support and Specialist Disability Accommodation teams a bonus of $250 at commencement and $500 at 12 months. To find out if you are eligible, contact the Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]
WMQ’s vision for reconciliation is for all people to stand unified in an equal and inclusive future. We commit to enhancing opportunities for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander People and celebrating diversity. As part of our commitment to Reconciliation we encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
Wesley Mission Queensland respectfully acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the lands on which we work and live. We acknowledge Elders both past and present, whose ongoing effort to protect and promote Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures will leave a lasting legacy for future Elders and leaders.
Please note: You will be asked for evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application process as required by Legislation, Health Directives and WMQ Policy.