- $83k + super + salary packaging
- 12 month contract, full time hours
- Location: Caboolture
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
Assisting Students and Parents (ASAP) Caboolture is a community-based program supporting young people who are experiencing or at risk of disengaging from educational and vocational settings in Caboolture.
This role will provide case management support to clients, with the aim to maintain participation in education or vocational settings, improve family relationships, and strengthen engagement in the community.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Deliver case management support services within high schools in Caboolture (vehicle provided for work use only)
- Facilitate structured group training sessions focusing on a range of important life skills and topics
- Engage in community network meetings to promote awareness of our clients services
- Providing intensive ongoing case management sessions including mentoring, informal counselling, outreach services, practical support and family mediation where required
- Maintaining and updating case notes other administration duties
Requirements for Success
- Degree in a relevant field or tertiary qualifications ideally in youth work or community services
- Previous experience in delivering case management support to families and young people
- Demonstrated professional approach to the role including maintaining professional boundaries
- Ability to create and maintain strong connections with stakeholders, including government/non-government agencies, youth services, parents/carers, and specialist service
- Experience supporting young people with high and complex needs
- Strongly developed communication skills and professionalism with stakeholder groups and the ability to relate to all in the community
- Knowledge and understanding of Child Protection legislation and mandatory reporting compliance
- Open and current Driver’s License
- Valid Working with Children Blue Card
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
If you need support to submit your application, please email [email protected].
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
View the Position Description and click “Apply now”. We will respond to your application.
Applications are shortlisted as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you