The Youth Outreach Recovery Support (YORS) program launched in 2021, designed to fill a service gap within the youth mental health sector, responding to the needs of young people between the ages of 16 to 25 years old through the provision of outreach psychosocial support. The YORS program covers a service catchment across Monash, Manningham, Yarra Ranges, Knox, Maroondah and Whitehorse LGAs.
- Full-time position until July 2025 (potential to extend, pending funding)
- Based out of our Box Hill South and Wantirna South offices + outreach (flexible working options available)
- $41 – $45.5 per hour + Super + Generous Salary Packaging benefits of up to $18,550
As part of the YORS team your days will be varied and highly collaborative with duties including:
- Building relationships and supporting young people in an outreach capacity with their social and emotional wellbeing.
- Assisting young people to build resilience and recovery in the areas of mental health, substance use, physical health, and life skills.
- Providing direct support through the implementation of social and/or psychological strategies, case management skills, therapeutic group work, individual 1:1 support sessions, and family support using a strength-based approach.
- Liaising with other services involved in client recovery to ensure a collaborative approach to care.
In addition to a self-directed passion and drive to support young people, you’ll have:
- Experience working therapeutically with young people and families within related fields such as AOD, family therapy or Allied Health.
- Ability to utilise your demonstrated expertise and understanding in working with young person’s mental health, the impacts of trauma, homelessness, early school departure, family violence and family conflict.
- Sound understanding of childhood and adolescent developmental theories and the issues involved in adolescent and/or childhood development.
Mandatory Qualification/s, Competencies and/or Licences
- A tertiary qualification in the relevant discipline/profession.
- Current Drivers License.
Who you’ll be working with
The YORS team is a multidisciplinary group of professionals made up of a Team Leader and Youth and Family Workers from a range of disciplines and backgrounds, and works closely with other internal and external services to provide a holistic and supportive experience. Some of these stakeholder services are our Integrated Therapeutic Communities (Youth Residential Recovery programs), Youth and Family Clinics, headspace, Drug and Alcohol Support, and Bush Adventure Therapy program.
The service is confidential and non-judgemental, making a concerted effort to deliver responsive and relevant services to the needs of LGBTIQA+ and Aboriginal young people and families.
What we offer
EACH is committed to developing our people. At EACH you’ll be supported to be your best. We provide:
- Work arrangements that flex to you to allow for a positive work-life balance, including some work from home flexibility
- Engaging, inclusive and supportive team
- Generous Not-for-Profit Salary Packaging of up to $15,900 free income tax per year Salary Packaging Info
- With over 200 programs and services EACH offers opportunities for internal career progression across QLD, NSW, ACT, and VIC
- Support through a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program for you, and your immediate family members
- Opportunities to continuously grow and develop
If this sounds like a role that would make you excited to come to work each day, we’d like the opportunity to learn more about you!
Please have a read of the position description, attach a resume, and in the ‘Message to Hiring Manager’ field include brief outline addressing your interest and suitability for this role.
If you’d like more information about the position, please contact Sophie Corbett (Team Leader ‑ YORS) on [email protected]
*If you are a recruitment agency or employment service wanting to promote your service or refer someone, please contact [email protected] *
Applications close Thursday 19th September 2023
Please note that applications will be reviewed as they are received. Interviews may take place during the advertising period – so don’t miss out and apply today!
~ We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant ~
*Our Diversity & Inclusion Commitment*
At EACH, we aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity and respect regardless of their cultural background, ability, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, spirituality, or religion. We welcome and strongly encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and people with lived experience to apply.
EACH is committed to creating a culturally safe environment that values and supports Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people(s); where culture and heritage is acknowledged, and respected, as being core to their existence. We recognise and respect the unique culture and contribution that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people bring to our communities. We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People.