***Careers Day this Saturday, 26 August 10am-2pm***
Join us this Saturday at Cire Community School’s Careers Event and discover the rewarding career opportunities that await you!
This event is a must-attend if you’re an education professional or support worker passionate about making a positive difference. Register now and be inspired by our unique approach to education.
Saturday 26th August, 10am to 2pm at Cire Community School, 325 Macclesfield Road, Monbulk.
Click here to register: https://www.trybooking.com/CKINE
About the role
Cire Community School is a leader in delivering innovative programs to students from Years 5 to 12 who have disengaged from education. The Community School offers an alternative to mainstream schooling, supporting some of the region’s most vulnerable and marginalised young people.
Our AOD Specialist is a dynamic and compassionate individual who provides early intervention, crisis and post-crisis support to help young people address substance abuse and remain engaged in education. We provide targeted strategies for young people with complex needs, including risk of drug and alcohol misuse. The key focus areas of this role include (although not limited to):
- conducting thorough assessments
- providing regular individual counselling, and brief family interventions if indicated
- facilitating groups, workshops and presentations for students, families and colleagues
- liaising effectively with referrers, service providers, key stakeholders and/or family and carers to ensure the best service for our young people
- maintaining accurate records, statistics and reports
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Relevant tertiary qualification(s)
- Experience and demonstrated ability to work with young people
- Experience in conducting clinical assessments, providing casework support, developing and maintaining referral pathways, and communicating clearly within a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work effectively both as a team member and as a practitioner with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong personal and interpersonal boundaries
- Commitment to the principles of harm minimisation
- Must hold and maintain a valid Working With Children Clearance
Desirable Selection Criteria:
- Experience in the drug and alcohol sector and/or education sector.
- Registration or eligible for membership with AHPRA or other professional association.
- Minimum 2 years direct casework experience.
Due to our Monbulk Campus opening in Term 1, 2024, this permanent part-time opportunity, 3 days per week, commences flexibly from now through to next year.
At Cire, we know that our employees are our greatest asset. That’s why we offer a competitive salary and benefits package that helps you keep more of your hard-earned money. With salary packaging and novated leasing, you can reduce your taxable income and put more money back in your pocket. And because we’re a not-for-profit organisation, you’ll feel great knowing your work directly benefits some of the most vulnerable people in our community.
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a range of benefits that include access to EAP services, discounted childcare, and discounted courses. We also offer ongoing support and mentoring to help you grow in your career. So, if you’re looking for an organisation that values its employees, come join us at Cire.
If you see yourself fitting in well with us and our vision, please send your cover letter and CV via the Apply button. Please note, only candidates who submit both will be considered.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact the Cire Recruitment Team on 1300 835 235.