In this role you will, provide recovery-orientated counselling and psychology services as part of Centacare NENW’s headspace program to young people with complex mental health presentations across the four core streams – Mental Health, Alcohol and Other Drugs, Vocational/Educational, Physical and Sexual Health. You will work under supervision within professional practice and Agency guidelines. You will creatively engage with the youth of the community in a flexible, accessible, youth focused and supportive way. To work effectively as part of multidisciplinary team to provide clinical services to young people experiencing problems of life. This position is responsible for ensuring alignment and delivery of the headspace model under the headspace National Trade Mark Licence Deed. To find out more about headspace visit http://headspace.org.au/
Who We Are
Centacare NENW is a leading provider of social and community services across the New England North West area and the Social Services Agency of the Catholic Diocese of Armidale .
The benefits of working for Centacare NENW
As an employee of Centacare NENW you will have the opportunity to work alongside a committed and professional team within a dynamic and supportive culture, other benefits offered include:
- A vibrant, energetic and supportive team environment that strives to be professional, fun and family friendly
- Extensive range of worksheets, educational tools and other internally developed resources
- Individual and peer supervision to support your professional practice
- Flexible working arrangements including an ADO [Allocated Day Off]
- Opportunities to develop group programs and resources based on areas of personal interest
- Diverse client load with support to increase areas of professional expertise
- We have a burnout prevention caseload model, which emphasises staff’s health and wellbeing
- Generous Professional Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
This position operates under the Health Professionals & SUpport Services Award 2020 between a level 2 – 3 ($34.95/hr – $46.40/hr)
Tax-free Salary Packaging Benefits
In addition to your remuneration, you have the option to enjoy generous tax- free salary packaging benefits which includes;
- General Living Expenses up to $15,900
- Entertainment Benefits up to $2,650
- Car Leasing through Novated Leasing
About The Role
Working as part of our team some key responsibilities include but is not limited to:
- Identify young people 12-25 years of age who require assistance with early mental health problems/concerns, substance abuse problems, primary health concerns, education and training, other care or service needs using the HEADSS assessment and a strengths based, recovery framework.
- Select and administer specialist psychological assessments including specialised psychometric assessment (as appropriate), structured observations, clinical interviews, and to interpret and integrate this data.
- Match a young person’s age and stage of psychological and biological development taking into account their psycho-social circumstances, risk and protective factors, personal goals and preferences.
- Formulate treatment plans that are speciic to each client, based upon an analysis of complex factors contribuitng to the presentation, and selectively drawing on appropriate conceptual and theoretical models.
- Deliver evidence based psychological treatments, monitoring outcomes drawing on a range of theoretical options. The ability to administer an appropriate risk management plan.
- Provide a holistic person-centred and family inclusive practice
About Our Perfect Candidate
We want to work with people who like to make a difference in a community, are happy to introduce their new skills and ways of thinking as well as have fun in a friendly and professional environment.
- Tertiary level degree in social work, psychology, nursing or other Allied Health profession OR have completed relevant study in these fields, and if required a willingness to be employed provisionally to seek registration.
- Experience in the delivery or willingness to deliver both individual and group counselling and programs including social connection activities with young people.
- Demonstrated experience in management of clinical risk or willingness to learn
- Experience in maintaining records to meet organisational and legislative requirements
- Knowledge of mental health as it relates to young people and intervention options for young people experiencing mental illness and other health related issues and interventions for same.
- Experience or openness to working in rural and autonomous setting under Supervision.
- A Current NSW Driver’s Licence and ability to travel as part of the role
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 including booster shots.
- A satisfactory Working With Children Check (or ability to obtain).
Centacare NENW is an equal employment opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Persons and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Would you like to find out more or apply
To apply for this position please click on the below apply link.
Only applicants that submit the following will be considered:
- A covering letter
- A statement of claim addressing how you meet the above Essential Criteria and
- Your resume
For more information or role related queries please contact Cooper Faint on [email protected]
Closing date for applications: 4pm, 25th September 2023
Centacare NENW is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and demonstrates a zero tolerance to abuse.