Marathon Health is a not-for-profit, registered charity with a vision of enabling communities to thrive through improved health and wellbeing.
We are looking for a Youth Care Coordinator to join our team in Orange, NSW. The vacancy is Full Time, 75 hours per fortnight, and will be ongoing.
What’s on offer:
- Tax Free Salary Packaging– Up to $15,900 per year and an additional $2,650 on meal entertainment, accommodation and venue hire
- Novated leasing – save on your car and running costs
- Retail discounts and cashback through our employee savings program
- Up to 25 days annual leave per year, plus additional leave over Christmas/New Year
- Access to Professional Development allowance and study leave
- Positive workplace culture that values inclusion, innovation & employee growth
The Youth Care Coordinator role:
- Conducts psychosocial assessments and screening of young people referred to headspace
- Engages with headspace clients to ensure ongoing service engagement
- Collaborates within a multidisciplinary team and contribute to the ongoing success of the centre
- Advocates on behalf of young people whose care needs are being coordinated by headspace
- Assists with community capacity building, community awareness, and education and training activities.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Qualifications in psychology; social work; occupational therapy; nursing; drug and alcohol work; youth work; mental health, or related field
- Proven ability to undertake clinical assessments of young people experiencing mental health or drug and alcohol problems
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary healthcare team
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and communicate effectively with young people
- Good working knowledge of computer technology and experience using clinical software packages.
Full responsibilities of this role may be viewed on the Position Description found at marathonhealth.com.au/careers
- Upload your current Resume/CV and a Cover Letter outlining your suitability for the role.
- Applications close Monday, 18 September 2023. Applications are reviewed as we receive them, so this job listing may close if a suitable candidate is found before this date.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Sophia Parris via email [email protected]
For more information on who we are and the benefits of working for us, visit marathonhealth.com.au, or follow us on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
We encourage people of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for our roles, including First Nations peoples and people with lived experience of mental health.
Applicants must be willing to obtain a valid Working with Children Check (WWCC) clearance, and agree to undertake a national police screening check prior to commencing employment.