- Positively support and impact the lives of others through your career contribution
- Fixed term part time, 4 days per week with great salary packaging benefits
- Be part of a motivated team that has strong commitment to supporting clients
Why this role matters
The Salvation Army Australia’s Homelessness Stream provides high quality, person centred services to people at risk, and or experiencing homelessness. We support adults and families, including accompanying children with accommodation, case management, outreach support, financial assistance, connection and referral to other specialist services.
About the role
Bringing your knowledge and experience working with both adult and young people who have multiple and complex needs, you will provide quality assessment, referral, and provision of housing information to individuals and families who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless through the Opening Doors Model.
You will successfully
- Provide linkages into community supports and programs for adult clients and young people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness with multiple and complex needs
- Work collaboratively within the broader programs of the Salvation Army (TSA) to provide an integrated support response to the target group
- Initial assessments are completed for all clients in accordance with service requirements
- Clients are assisted to access support services and establish community supports, and where needed are assisted through advocacy with service providers
This is a maximum term part time position (to March 2024), 4 days per week. Three days of Youth Focused Housing IAP and One day of General adult IAP. This position will require travel between services within the Mornington Peninsula, Frankston and Rosebud areas.
Salary and conditions are in accordance with Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award Level 5.
You will have
- A relevant tertiary qualification (Diploma level minimum) in Social Work, welfare or related field
- Demonstrated experience and highly developed skills in working with people who have multiple and complex needs
- A current VIC Drivers Licence
What we offer
- We offer eligible employees NFP salary packaging ($15,900 tax free) plus meals and entertainment benefits
- Employee Assistance Program – Independent confidential counselling service
- Financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Discounted health and fitness programs through Fitness Passport
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate, and professional team members
Lizette McCasker at [email protected]
The Salvation Army is a Christian movement and one of Australia’s largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
How to Apply
If you’re excited by this unique opportunity, the above sounds like you, and you have a heart for working for an organisation that truly does transform lives, we would love to speak to you. We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values. If you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to apply via the link and submit a current CV and a cover letter which details your alignment with the essential requirements of the role.
Applications will close as soon as a suitable candidate is secured.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We value people of all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities and/or expressions. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation and is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.