yourtown is a trusted provider of services for young people, with a focus on mental health and wellbeing, long-term unemployment, prevention of youth suicide, child protection, as well as support for those experiencing domestic and family violence.
yourtown helps children and young people realise they have the ability to tackle whatever life throws at them. We help them to believe in their unique strengths, tenacity and self-determination. We recognise the courage and determination of children and young people when they reach out to yourtown for support.
Realise your potential at yourtown
We have an exciting opportunity for an energetic, youthful, and dynamic Youth Guide to join our team in Kingaroy to curate a positive and welcoming experience for anyone who walks through our doors! As the first point of engagement, you will be required to provide a high level of customer service to greet our young clients and their families, and seamlessly direct them to relevant expert team members for further assistance.
Your key day to day tasks will include;
• Be the heart and face of yourtown and warmly greet all staff, members, and visitors to our site,
• Provide relevant information and support regarding, transport, amenities, and areas of interest around the site.
• Proactively find opportunities to provide positive and friendly service to staff and clients
• Provide administration and office support to the wider team and organise office supplies and catering as required
This is a full-time, permanent opportunity (Monday – Friday) located in Kingaroy
what we are looking for
You believe that optimism is infectious, and that with energy & dedication – anything is possible. You strive to do things well and take pride in your work. You embrace fresh ideas and ways of working, and never rest in growing, learning, and leaning into the ‘new’.
• Be a natural problem solver and have the ability to connect with young people!
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including the ability to successfully engage and deliver information to clients and staff.
• Friendly and self-aware team player with the ability to build strong relationships.
• Demonstrated experience in a high volume, fast paced environment.
If you are looking for an opportunity to jump start your career in customer service then this is the role for you !
When you join yourtown you will be welcomed into a safe, inclusive, and diverse community and an established and reputable national organisation. We are a resilient, resourceful, and dedicated team who strive to make a difference and not accept the status quo.
Your employment experience will include:
• salary sacrifice options to increase your take home pay
• Monthly RDO’s
• opportunities for internal and external professional development
• free access to LinkedIn Learning including over 16,000 learning modules
• a genuine focus on employee health and wellbeing
• yourWellness program includes free access to Calm & Centr Apps
• access to free and confidential counselling sessions for you and members of your immediate family
• access to discounted private health insurance, banking and finance, insurance, and superannuation through our partner organisations
• an environment that genuinely values diversity and cultural capability and is an equal opportunity employer
how to apply
If you believe in the power of young people and in yourself, join team yourtown and have an amazing impact on the lives of young people, their families, neighbourhoods and the wider community in Australia.
To apply, and for a full Position Description please visit: https://careers.yourtown.com.au/.
Contact: Lily Welch | Talent Acquisition Specialist | 0466 852 898
yourtown is committed to providing services that protect and keep children, young people and adults at risk free from harm. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory screening for child-related employment including the completion of a National Criminal History Check and retention of a valid Working with Children Check.
yourtown supports vaccination as the best way to keep our people and our communities safe from Covid-19. We require all employees, volunteers, students and contractors to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of employment.
“In our team we value diversity, inclusivity and people who want to make a difference”