Employment Type: Temporary Full Time (through to January 2025)
Position Classification: Occupational Therapist Level 1, Occupational Therapist Level 2, Psychologist,
Registered Nurse, Social Worker Level 1, Social Worker Level 2
Remuneration: $67,357.32 – $105,895 per annum, plus superannuation
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ421985
We are looking for a motivated and engaging Mental Health Clinician wanting to work with and passionate about helping young people with mental illness? Come and join our forward thinking, recovery focused, multidisciplinary team!
Where you’ll be working
Community Mental Health, Sutherland Mental Health Service, located on The Sutherland Hospital campus, Caringbah.
What you’ll be doing
The vision for South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) is ?exceptional care, healthier lives?. SESLHD is committed to enabling our community to be healthy and well, and to providing the best possible compassionate care when people need it.
Provide specialist assessment and needs driven (psychological) interventions and programs for young people (12-25 years) who are experiencing an emerging mental disorder within the framework of a multidisciplinary team structure including an assertive outreach service to young people. A high level of co-operation and collaboration with the other specialist mental health services within SESLHD such as, Acute Care Team, Inpatient Teams, the Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services and Adult Mental Health Services. Our community partners and service providers inclduding GPs, Drug & Alcohol Services, Educational and Vocational Agencies and the Youth Sector.
Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
All NSW Health workers are required to have completed a primary course of a COVID-19 vaccine which has been approved or recognised by the Therapeutics Goods Administration (TGA). Additionally, Category A workers are required to receive a booster dose three months after completing the primary course of COVID-19 vaccinations. New applicants must have completed the vaccination course prior to commencement with NSW Health, or provide an approved medical contraindication certificate (IM011 immunisation medical exemption form) certifying the worker cannot have any approved COVID-19 vaccines available in NSW.
Acceptable proof of vaccination is the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation History Statement or AIR COVID-19 Digital Certificate. Booster doses are highly recommended for all health care workers who have completed the primary course of COVID-19 vaccinations.
SESLHD is committed to creating a workplace that reflects the diversity of our community. This will help ensure our employees, our patients and their carers, feel supported. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply.
Support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Candidates
We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates and we have an Aboriginal Employment Consultant that can provide support. If you have any questions or would like guidance on the recruitment process, please contact the SESLHD Aboriginal Employment Team via email to: [email protected]
- Professional qualification in either Social work (eligible for membership of AASW), Occupational Therapy with current registration with AHPRA, Registered Nurse with no restrictions to practice with current registration with AHPRA, or Psychology with current registration with AHPRA.
- Demonstrated experience working with young people with an emerging major mental disorder, including UHR for psychosis.
- Demonstrated experience working in a community mental health setting.
- Understanding and demonstrated experience in provision of evidence-based (psychological) interventions for emerging mental disorders, including UHR for psychosis.
- Highly developed skills in engagement and therapeutic alliance.
- Experience in providing comprehensive mental health assessment, formulation and treatment planning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work independently and within a multidisciplinary team.
- Current drivers licence (or a willingness to travel in accordance with the demands of the position).
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description and SESLHD Expected Standards
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Peter Griffiths on [email protected]
Applications Close: 20 August 2023