Youth Mental Health Counsellor
Join growing, award winning organisation with professional development opportunities, dynamic team, flexibility, workforce wellbeing support, paid clinical supervision and salary packaging
28-35hrs pw neg. (4 or 5 days considered)
2Connect Youth & Community is a dynamic non-profit organisation creating positive change for young people, families, communities for 32yrs. 2Connect has been awarded NSW Youth Service of the Year 2019, NSW Outstanding Youth Participation Award 2020, and NSW Outstanding Diversity Work (Highly Commendable) 2021 ! We seek an experienced & qualified professional to deliver counselling, case management, group work & other empowering supports for young people and their families. Make that difference by improving mental health, family & education engagement, alcohol & other drug harms, healthy relationships & domestic/family violence situations.
Position will cover the Georges River, Bayside, Sutherland LGAs & surrounds of South East Sydney through outreach in schools and the community. Role is base in Brighton-le-sands which has a vibrant beachside and culturally diverse, cafe culture.
Please ensure to send in cover letter addressing the below criteria:
- Minimum 5years paid experience in counselling/case management practice (using evidence-based interventions)
- Skills/experience in direct support to young people at risk aged 10 -25 & their families, including working with young people who are culturally and linguistically diverse, First Nation’s young people, young people with disabilities and LGBTIQA+ youth
- Skills/experience in community development work or health promotions, in particular therapeutic & educational group work
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in social/human services or health (degree level preferred)
- Excellent teamwork, administrative and communication skills, and current NSW driver’s licence & own comprehensively insured car able to be used for work
- NSW Drivers licence and comprehensively insured car able to be used for work purposes
Excellent Salary package includes base salary, Salary packaging option (tax-free income per annum of up to $18,549). Paid clinical external supervision is also offered.
SCHADS Award 2010, Level 5
For full information package, please visit www.2connect.org.au/about-us/join-our-team . For specific questions, please contact [email protected]. Closing date for applications is 17th August 2023 at 5pm. PLEASE NOTE, TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS JOB, YOU MUST SEND A COVER LETTER ADDRESSING THE SELECTION CRITERIA (FULL INFORMATION PACKAGE/ROLE DESCRIPTION ON OUR WEBSITE AS ABOVE)
We are not able to respond to any applications who do not specifically address the selection criteria.
THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION. PAID RELEVANT EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
All potential applicants must hold a current Working with Children check, or be prepared to obtain one. A Police check will also be needed prior to appointment. Full Covid-19 vaccination is required for this role which is 2 doses plus booster (or medical exemption).