- Are you an experienced and qualified Mental Health Professional?
- Would you like to utilise and further develop your skills in a meaningful way?
- Are you looking for an interesting and challenging role within a dedicated multi-disciplinary team?
- Would you like to make a positive contribution and work with young people and adults supporting positive mental health?
We are excited to offer this opportunity for an experienced Mental Health Professional to join an established, growing and dedicated team of multidisciplinary professionals on the beautiful Bellarine Peninsula.
This role is Part Time (0.6 FTE, 22.8 hours per week) for a fixed term period until January 2024, with the potential for some ongoing hours.
Bellarine Community Health (BCH) is the major provider of primary health care services to the Bellarine Peninsula. BCH is a not-for-profit health care provider with close links to our community operating from five sites across the Bellarine.
About the Team
BCH’s Youth team provides a diverse range of primary health care services to our increasing population. Currently we deliver services across our sites including headspace Ocean Grove, BCH youth services, Doctors in Secondary School clinic, within schools and community settings.
BCH has built a passionate and friendly work environment, which provides generous support for professional development, clinical supervision, team meetings and flexible working arrangements.
About the role
The Mental Health Professional is focused on the provision of mental health counselling and support for a case load of young people and adults. This includes the provision of evidence based counselling and psychosocial support and may include the provision of short-medium term interventions including group programs and centre based or outreach support.
This role will work closely with a supportive multidisciplinary team to engage, assess, and provide support to young people and their family and friends.
We would like to hear from you, if you have…
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Occupational Therapy or Social Work with additional qualification in counselling.
- Current registration with AHPRA or AASW.
- Eligibility for Medicare provider number to enable service provision through mental health care plans.
- Min. 2 years’ experience in working with young people as well as experience in delivering evidence based therapeutic intervention and counselling.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills in solution focused practices.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritise complex workloads and competing tasks.
- A professional and positive outlook within dynamic, challenging and changing environment.
What we offer
To support you to balance your work/life commitments, grow your skills and expertise, enjoy work and feel valued, we offer the following:
- Generous salary packaging benefits – you can access some of your annual salary tax free each year
- Discounted gym membership at six sites across the region
- A supportive, positive and inclusive workplace culture
- Employee assistance program: up to 5 counselling sessions per year
Conditions of Employment
- A current National Police Check
- A current Working with Children Check
- A current Victorian Driver’s License
How to Apply
Applications must include cover letter, response to key selection criteria, application form (via the BCH website), and resume in PDF format.
The Position Description is available here: PD Mental Health Professional Youth PT Fixed term AUG23
Submit your application to [email protected] – applications will be assessed as they are received, with final applications closing at 5.00pm Wednesday 13th September 2023.
Bellarine Community Heath embraces diversity and encourages applicants from different backgrounds to apply. BCH is a family friendly organisation with excellent salary packaging available.
Bellarine Community Health Ltd is committed to protect children and reduce any opportunities for abuse or harm to occur.
Bellarine Community Health acknowledges the Wadawurrung people as the Traditional Custodians of the land on which our sites are located and across which we provide services and programs for the diverse community. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace and welcome people from all cultures and backgrounds to our service.