Lamp Inc is a not-for-profit mental health service provider, providing individualised centre-based, community and in home psychosocial support through recovery orientated practice. We deliver services within the Southwest and Warren-Blackwood regions and our head office is located in Busselton. With a focus on person-centred planning, as well as our collaborative approach to service delivery, Lamp Inc provide high quality mental health support to the wider community, whilst working toward reducing the stigma of mental health and promoting the independence of people living with mental health concerns.
At Lamp Inc, we aim to create the same culture within our workplace as we do within our support roles. Providing flexibility and support to everyone who works, volunteers, or completes their student placements with us, we believe strongly in positive workplace culture. Other benefits of working with Lamp Inc include access to tax effective not-for-profit salary packaging arrangements.
About the role:
Working within the youth support sector, the Youth Recovery Support Worker will provide non-clinical mental health and capacity building support, to persons aged 14-25, in Busselton. Working with a trauma informed and person-centred approach, the successful applicant will work 1:1 with young individuals, to overcome the barriers they face within their lives because of their mental health, or their experiences in being a young carer for a significant other in their lives. You will work alongside the department of education (and associated support programs), carers WA, the department of communities, and other community service organisations, to provide a wraparound model of support.
- Minimum of Cert IV in Youth Work, or other relevant qualification.
- Previous experience in working under a recovery orientated framework or understanding of this framework.
- The ability to successfully implement individualised, and group-based support.
- You will be comfortable working with young people experiencing challenges such as mental health, drug and alcohol and behavioural difficulties.
- Assist with the identification of service gaps and community trends and contribute to the development of the service to meet the changing needs of the community.
- Possession (or acquisition of) of a current, valid NDIS Worker Screening Check clearance and national police clearance as may be required.
- A current, valid Western Australian C Class Driver’s Licence.
- Possession (or acquisition of) a current valid Working with Children Check as required.
- Possession (or acquisition of) a current COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate as required.
- Willingness to volunteer your time, toward Lamp Inc. fundraising days and events, as reasonably requested.
- Commitment to fully participate in ongoing professional development and supervision as required.
- Commitment to fully comply with Work Health & Safety legislation, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Prior knowledge of education, training pathways, minimum school leaving requirements and alternative education programs is desirable.
- Ability to work in partnership with other support agencies.
You must have full working rights within Australia and possess/be willing to obtain:
- National Police Clearance
- Working with Children Check
- Driver’s License
- NDIS worker screen check
Click on the APPLY button and attach your resume and addressed selection criteria.
For more information about the positions Lamp Inc has to offer please call Jesse Malseed on 08 9754 1834 for a confidential discussion.
This position is Monday to Thursday, 9am to 4:30pm, and based in Busselton.
Closing date: 30th September 2023
Lamp Inc will begin reviewing applications and interviewing potential candidates as applications are received.