About ATSICHS Brisbane
ATSICHS Brisbane is a not-for-profit community owned health and human services organisation delivering on the unique health and wellbeing needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in greater Brisbane and Logan. We pride ourselves on providing health and human services, our way – supporting our people and community in our commitment to create a flourishing future and lasting legacy for them and their families.
See more at our website - http://atsichsbrisbane.org.au
About the role
The Youth Specialist provides tailored case management services for young people at risk of disconnecting with their family/ community, disengagement from education, training and employment, homelessness, or at risk of harm. Youth Specialists are responsible for effective engagement with young people, their families and their support network to identify the young person’s needs and aspirations, and record and progress a plan created and led by the young person, and oversight of the team for same.
- Provide supports and interventions, based on the program model of care.
- Provide high quality and intent-based practice in all interactions with clients, consistent with the ATSICHS values and vision.
- Provide high quality case management practices and record keeping that adhere to operational requirements.
- Demonstrate positive and warm engagement through an assertive outreach approach that engages clients into the service.
- Facilitate a client-led assessment and Care Plan to identify the client’s goals, including the entire family, where appropriate.
- Provide role-specific targeted interventions and family facilitated group meetings in achieving client goals.
- Permanent full time position.
- Starting annual salary of $90,500 +11% Super + Not for Profit Salary Packaging (Increases your take home pay).
- Work in a supportive team environment.
COVID – 19 Requirements
- Immunisation history showing evidence of up-to-date COVID vaccinations.
- Current Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Human Services, Social Science, Health, Allied Health, Youth Work, Community Services, Family Intervention or Criminology with 4 years’ relevant experience in family support, child protection, youth support or related field
- Current Diploma in Community Services, Social Work, Human Services, Child and Family, Allied Health, Youth Work, Child and Family Intervention with 5 years’ relevant experience in family support, child protection, youth support or related field
With at least 3 years of abovementioned experience in a case management role
- Demonstrated ability and comfortableness working in a performance driven environment to meet individual weekly, monthly and quarterly performance targets.
- Demonstrated ability to build client agency, self-efficacy and facilitate change through client empowerment, while actively discouraging client dependence on supports.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to provide behaviour change interventions that build client self-awareness and active change in achieving their identified goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work with the whole-of-family, irrespective of primary client, in meeting the totality of family needs.
- Demonstrated ability in coordinating multiple services in providing access to holistic care for clients, particularly integrating internal agency supports across multiple teams.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the factors contributing to vulnerability, disengagement, and intergenerational trauma of client group
- Experience with case management for high risk and/or crisis clients, with high-level planning and organisational skills.
- Knowledge of the supports available to target clients in the areas of mental health, substance misuse, education, employment and housing.
- Requirement to travel across the Logan and/or Brisbane region, as per program location.
- Current drivers’ license.
- Flexibility to work outside 8:30am-5pm business hours in meeting individual client needs and provide responsive care.
- Working with Children’s Card (Blue Card) or be eligible to apply.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, please submit your application by following the links on the recruitment page. Applications will be assessed with interviews being conducted as they are received so do not delay in applying.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.