CASPA SERVICES LTD – POSITION VACANCY – Therapeutic Care Worker – Port Macquarie NSW
- Make a difference in the lives of children, young people, families, and communities across Port Macquarie, particularly Aboriginal and culturally and linguistically diverse groups
- Evidence and research-based approach that values innovative thought and creativity
- Excellent remuneration package | Up to $48.25 per hour + Super + Salary Packaging
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
CASPA Services Ltd is a not-for-profit organisation providing a range of specialised care services to support complex trauma-based needs for children, young people, families, and people living with disabilities. Our programs include Therapeutic Intensive Residential Care, Intensive Family Preservation, Therapeutic Foster Care, Restoration, and other associated care types, we are a registered NDIS provider and operate a social enterprise Maintenance and repairs business. As a growing and diversifying organisation, we have approximately 650+employees working in communities across New South Wales, Queensland, and the Northern Territory.
If you are looking to join a committed team making a powerful difference in the lives of children and young people, we would love to hear from you. CASPA is a Child Safe, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
We are seeking to employ those who reflect the diversity of our young people to ensure we can support each individuals needs and wants, while aligning with our values: ‘ Inspiring People to Thrive’
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an excellent opportunity for Therapeutic Care Workers with experience working with children, young people and families to join CASPA’s Residential Care Team on a Part-time employment in the Port Macquarie region.
Working with young people, you will help create a home-like environment following the therapeutic framework and support plan, for individualised care supporting needs of each young person. You will be supporting young people to attain their educational goals, undertake extracurricular activities in line with their interests and support their connection to community and family.
Please note: Our Therapeutic Residential Care program runs in a 24/7 roster model. Therefore, successful candidates will be required to work a range of shifts including weekends, active nights, sleepovers, and public holidays.
- Form and maintain professional, nurturing relationships with children and young people by building trust through visible interest and active engagement
- Act as an appropriate adult role model, seeking to engage young people in purposeful activities aimed at developing life skills and self-worth
- Support the involvement of family and where applicable, facilitate family visits/connections and the promotion of positive family relationships with children and young people, to suit individual needs
- Promote and encourage positive relationships with peers and other persons significant to the child/young person
- Assist the child/young person to participate as fully as possible in making decisions about the activities undertaken
- Demonstrate an empathic understanding of complex trauma, incorporating this understanding into everyday interactions, as well as responding to pain-based behaviour in a sensitive and non-punitive way.
Skills & Experience
- Either hold or be actively working towards a formal qualification in allied health, community services, or family support. A Certificate IV or higher is required.
- As well staff must maintain a current state or territory drivers license and keep it on hand whenever they drive a vehicle.
For staff who do not hold a current state or territory license please refer to the relevant state or territory licensing laws and regulations
- Valid First Aid and CPR Certification. Must be obtained at your own cost.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check, Working with Children Check, and Child Protection History Check (Residential Care Workers Register).
To obtain a comprehensive overview of the skills and experience required, key responsibilities, and CASPA’s hiring process, please thoroughly review the supporting documents, CASPA Recruitment Guide and Position Description , featured within the individual vacancy advertisement webpage (download above for individuals currently viewing the CASPA Careers Website or access by visiting (https://caspacareers.connxcareers.com/Job/ViewJobs).
- Free gym membership is available to all staff to support their wellbeing and encourage a healthy work life balance. We have partnered with various fitness providers across Australia.
- CASPA offer wellbeing support through Benestar with free, confidential coaching and support from a team of expert clinicians.
- As a CASPA employee, you can Salary Package up to $15,900 per year for general living expenses plus an additional $2,650 of your pay each year for entertainment benefits such as dining out, hiring a venue, or paying for holiday accommodation. You can also sign up for a novated lease for a new, used or existing car, including both the finance of the car and all running costs. You can salary package additional amounts under the Remote Area Benefits (certain areas only) and claim back any relocation costs you incur for moving for work related purposes.
- CASPA have a partnership with Summerland Credit Union through their Priority Partner Program. CASPA employees can assess special banking benefits.
- CASPA have a partnership with Medibank and all employees can access benefits and discounts with Medibank.
- Comprehensive systems including a Human Resources Information System and a Central Rostering System.
- 11% Super Guarantee
- Pay Increase on your Anniversary or Promotion Date
- Generous Leave Entitlements
- Supervision Sessions
- Opportunity for Internal Training, Career Growth & Progression
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application via the CASPA Careers Website or, where applicable, the SEEK Website.
Applications will be assessed as received. A comprehensive mandatory Induction and Therapeutic Crisis Intervention training will be provided upon commencement.
To ensure that your application is reviewed, please reference the CASPA Recruitment Guide to compose a suitable submission.
Please include a current Resume supported by a Cover Letter outlining your suitability for the role through addressing the specific criteria detailed in the Position Description.