Our compassionate and proactive team are looking for a positive, caring and professional Youth Worker on a permanent part time basis to provide care and support to children and young people, in out of home care and/or living with Foster or Kinship Carers in Maroochydore and surrounds.
The daily care provided by a Youth Worker includes supporting young people with education, medical appointments, family contact, social and cultural connections, positive living skills and budgeting, and enhances the development of self-regard, community inclusion and family relationships.
- Certificate IV or Diploma in Child, Youth & Family Intervention, Youth Services, Community Services or similar
- A valid Blue Card (Working with Children Check)
- Current First Aid Certificate with CPR
- A current Queensland Driver Licence
- Full Covid-19 vaccinations
- Be flexible and available for shifts that need coverage at short notice
- Sound understanding of child behaviour and development, working from a trauma-informed framework
- Confidence and professional response to crisis situations – working within risk and compliance guidelines
- Leadership skills and ability to provide a positive adult role model to young people, assisting them to develop confidence and self-worth
- Effective contribution to Care Plans by providing evidence-based insight, assessments and evaluations
What We Offer
- Great opportunity to work alongside Practitioners and Coordinator to achieve goals for young people in their placements.
- The opportunity to further develop your skills in Children and Family services
- Career progression and growth in the form of internal and external training
- Employee Assistance Program to support you whilst working with ASQ
- Access to Pastoral Care
- Access to great Learning and Development system for furthering your skills
Anglicare is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, those from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ communities, people with disabilities and people with a lived experience of mental ill health. We promote a child-safe environment and are committed to providing on-going care and protection.
Please upload a copy of your current resume and cover letter and indicate if you wish to apply for permanent or Casual role.
For further information please contact Jen Gould on 1300 610 610
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position