yourtown is a trusted provider of services for young people, with a focus on mental health and wellbeing, long-term unemployment, prevention of youth suicide, child protection, as well as support for those experiencing domestic and family violence.
Powered by yourtown, Kids Helpline is here for children and young people whenever they need us, anytime for any reason 24/7, through tailored mental health counselling services in line with their changing preferences for help-seeking.
Realise your potential at yourtown.
Based at St Marys, and working with the Social Enterprises team, this role works within a strengths-based case management and life skills development framework to assist young women enter sustainable employment.
Our Women to Work program aims to break the cycle of youth unemployment by providing long term unemployed young women with paid, scaffolded work experience and training as a ‘stepping stone’ to sustainable employment.
Your role will include:
• source, receive and assess referrals
• support new participants commencing on the program
• assess needs and barriers and develop individual case plans
• assess and manage risk and provide crisis intervention
• advocating for the young person
• travelling to work sites when required to provide support and assistance to program participants
• helping to develop tailored pathways to employment and assisting young people to transition into further employment
• facilitating workshops, information sessions and pre-employment activities
This is a full time, maximum term contract until 30 June 2025 in line with current funding.
what we are looking for
Program participants are women aged 16-24yrs, many of whom have experienced domestic and family violence so you will need a high-level understanding of working with this cohort and be able to demonstrate skills in working with young women who have experienced trauma. You will have well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport with and motivate young people and build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
You will bring:
• passion, commitment and belief in young people
• certificate IV qualification in a relevant field
• demonstrated experience in youth work in the context of case management of young people with complex needs
• demonstrated assessment skills and the capacity to successfully manage a caseload of disadvantaged young people to transition them into sustainable employment
• a solid understanding of the local labour market as well as the barriers faced by long-term unemployed young people
• capacity to secure rewarding and sustainable employment opportunities for young people
• proficient technology and administrative skills
When you join yourtown you will be welcomed into a safe, inclusive, and diverse community and an established and reputable national organisation. We are a resilient, resourceful, and dedicated team who strive to make a difference and not accept the status quo.
Your employment experience will include:
• salary sacrifice options to increase your take home pay
• regular line supervision and support plus internal practice supervision
• ability to negotiate flexible work hours and work arrangements
• opportunities for internal and external professional development
• free access to LinkedIn Learning including over 16,000 learning modules
• a genuine focus on employee health and wellbeing
• yourWellness program includes free access to Calm & Centr Apps
• access to free and confidential counselling sessions for you and members of your immediate family
• access to discounted private health insurance, banking and finance, insurance, and superannuation through our partner organisations
• an environment that genuinely values diversity and cultural capability and is an equal opportunity employer
how to apply
If you believe in the power of young people and in yourself, join team yourtown and have an amazing impact on the lives of young people, their families, neighbourhoods and the wider community in Australia.
To apply, and for a full Position Description please visit: https://careers.yourtown.com.au/.
Contact: Marnie Elliot, Talent Acquisition Specialist on 0434 609 384
Role closes: Apply ASAP as applications will be reviewed as they are received.
yourtown is committed to providing services that protect and keep children, young people and adults at risk free from harm. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory screening for child-related employment including the completion of a National Criminal History Check and retention of a valid Working with Children Check.
yourtown supports vaccination as the best way to keep our people and our communities safe from Covid-19. We require all employees, volunteers, students and contractors to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of employment.
“In our team we value diversity, inclusivity and people who want to make a difference”