yourtown is a trusted provider of services for young people, with a focus on mental health and wellbeing, long-term unemployment, prevention of youth suicide, child protection, as well as support for those experiencing domestic and family violence.
yourtown helps children and young people realise they have the ability to tackle whatever life throws at them. We help them to believe in their unique strengths, tenacity, and self-determination. We recognise the courage and determination of children and young people when they reach out to yourtown for support.
Realise your potential at yourtown
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Youth Worker to join our Skilling Queenslanders for Work Program in South East Queensland. You will work within a strength-based case management and life skills development framework to assist young people (15-19) to enter employment, complete training and/or progress in further education. The Youth Worker is responsible for the recruitment and engagement of young members across all 7 locations in SEQ, including the completion of their training and transition into employment, as well as post-placement support to assist young people to achieve sustainable employment outcomes.
Your days will be diverse but in essence, can include:
• Undertaking individual and group assessments and providing practical support and referrals to specialist assistance services.
• Developing case plans and providing employment case management,
• Assessing and managing risk and providing crisis intervention.
• Developing, delivering, and facilitating life skills, employability, and wellbeing workshops with a group of participants.
• Creating relationships with employers to secure work experience and employment opportunities for participants.
• Provide floating support to our site-based Youth Workers across South East Queensland.
what we are looking for
You believe that optimism is infectious, and that with energy & dedication – anything is possible. You strive to do things well and take pride in your work. You embrace fresh ideas and ways of working, and never rest in growing, learning, and leaning into the ‘new’.
• a minimum Certificate IV level qualification in Youth Work and a minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role; OR a minimum of four years of experience in Youth Work (or similar role) in the context of formal case management to disadvantaged young people.
• a solid understanding of the local labour market as well as the barriers faced by disadvantaged young people.
• proven ability to deliver workshops and group facilitation processes.
• strong communication and interpersonal skills and a flair for networking will see you build relationships across a variety of stakeholders, including client cohorts, government, community and business group.
• proficient skills in using technology and systems; our compliance requirements are high, and your administration needs to be on par with this.
When you join yourtown you will be welcomed into a safe, inclusive, and diverse community and an established and reputable national organisation. We are a resilient, resourceful, and dedicated team who strive to make a difference and not accept the status quo.
Your employment experience will include:
• salary sacrifice options to increase your take home pay
• regular line supervision and support plus internal practice supervision
• Monthly RDO’s
• opportunities for internal and external professional development
• free access to LinkedIn Learning including over 16,000 learning modules
• a genuine focus on employee health and wellbeing
• yourWellness program includes free access to Calm & Centr Apps
• access to free and confidential counselling sessions for you and members of your immediate family
• access to discounted private health insurance, banking and finance, insurance, and superannuation through our partner organisations
• an environment that genuinely values diversity and cultural capability and is an equal opportunity employer
how to apply
If you believe in the power of young people and in yourself, join team yourtown and have an amazing impact on the lives of young people, their families, neighbourhoods and the wider community in Australia.
To apply, and for a full Position Description please visit: https://careers.yourtown.com.au/
Contact: Lily Welch | Talent Acquisition Specialist | 0466 852 898
yourtown is committed to providing services that protect and keep children, young people and adults at risk free from harm. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory screening for child-related employment including the completion of a National Criminal History Check and retention of a valid Working with Children Check.
yourtown supports vaccination as the best way to keep our people and our communities safe from Covid-19. We require all employees, volunteers, students and contractors to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of employment.
“In our team we value diversity, inclusivity and people who want to make a difference”